R7 would be fine. I'm ok with 30mpx. Would like to have ibis. Joystick instead of the Touch Bar. That's about it. I'm fine with the rest of the R as it is.Three years after its initial release, it would be great.
Just take the EOS R and give it:
- slight bump in MP, about 32-34 MP
- 10 FPS with full auto-focus
- maybe IBIS (depending on pricing)
- Joystick, no Touch Bar (although I like the Touch Bar...)
- one extra customizable Button (I'm always missing one )
And yes, I know there won't be an "EOS R Mark II", but I honestly believe that there will be a successor with a different naming scheme. RP and R don't fit in with R5/ R6 and the upcoming R1