A new Canon Speedlite has appeared for certification

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
Hopefully finally throws out AA batteries and goes to Li Ion rechargeable. Maybe even LP-E6NH? Or better still something like on the Godox V1-C where the Li Ion battery clicks straight into a slot without needing a fragile door assembly. Weird how I've never broken the door on a camera body changing the battery but I've broken at least 4 flashes from various manufacturers because their AA battery doors are just far too fragile.

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 381342

With big lenses such as the 28-70 you really don't want anything shorter than the current ones.

I didn't say shorter, I think we can get a nice powerful flash that takes up less space or at least isn't heavier than the body. A big part of the space taken up is the four AA batteries. Surely it isn't unthinkable to have a smaller design that gives the same reach and power of the big flashes?

Upvote 0
But I can buy plenty of AA batteries as spares for the price of just one LP-E6, too pricey for multiple flash setup.
Replaced all my 430 II with the III as I think the upgrade was worth it, but not my 600. They are still useable and reliable. 470 AI wasn’t attractive enough, if it was meant to be a replacement for 430.
Let’s see what the new model will offer.

Upvote 0
Hopefully finally throws out AA batteries and goes to Li Ion rechargeable. Maybe even LP-E6NH?

I'd never considered that possibility, but I like the sound of it. I often carry a speedlite, but only use it sparingly. For my needs, the battery in the flash could serve double duty at the backup battery for my camera.

Upvote 0
I use the Godox/Flashpoint external batteries to power the flash and give you around 800 to 1,000 flashes at full power with almost instant recycling. I would love to see a potato masher flash with the capacitor in the battery pack so you're not juggling a heavy flash unit. Something like a modern version of the Metz 202 would be sweet.

Upvote 0