Adobe Achieves Record Revenue

mclaren777 said:
Jopa said:
I'm glad I did not contribute to this record revenue LOL

If you were smart, you would subscribe to CC and buy some Adobe stock.

You would probably break even, or possibly even come out ahead depending on how much stock you buy.

I spy bubble (well not quite, bubbles usually demand borrowed money to inflate)

Point is the growth we're seeing will fall back just as quickly if PS/LR does not update/innovate as it did pre-CC... and that's the story users are reporting.

As it is I have no compunction to use CC.

Upvote 0
rfdesigner said:
mclaren777 said:
Jopa said:
I'm glad I did not contribute to this record revenue LOL

If you were smart, you would subscribe to CC and buy some Adobe stock.

You would probably break even, or possibly even come out ahead depending on how much stock you buy.

I spy bubble (well not quite, bubbles usually demand borrowed money to inflate)

Point is the growth we're seeing will fall back just as quickly if PS/LR does not update/innovate as it did pre-CC... and that's the story users are reporting.

As it is I have no compunction to use CC.

Yeah I take this to mean that Adobe is leaving space open under their price point for a competitor to undercut them with a viable alternative. It probably won't be long before Petapixel is inundated with "why I left Adobe" clickbait.

Upvote 0
Ladislav said:
Good. So the subscription model works. Now, it is a time to put some of that money to development -> quality, optimization and innovation! I think plenty LR users would agree.

It works for making money. It's not clear that "Adobe makes record revenue from captive audience" translates into anything but "Adobe realizes they have captive paying endless fees and can just sit tight, because people have made it clear they're not going anywhere".

With standalone software packages, companies have to improve it enough to convince you to upgrade if they want more revenue. With subscription, they just keep getting paid no matter what until people are pissed enough to switch. The latter is a lower bar to meet.

Next time I have just a few to process, I'll be trying the Luminar beta, because I'm getting ready to jump ship even though I have the standalone.

Upvote 0