Canon Inc. releases their Q1 2021 financials

justaCanonuser

Grab your camera, go out and shoot!
Feb 12, 2014
Frankfurt, Germany
I think people on the forum make a couple wrong assumptions (just my opinion, of course). They assume that more people are like them and forget that the vast majority of people can't afford, or will not spend much money on a camera. The least expensive cameras (models that form folks usually scoff at) are selling the most. (Yes, at probably a very low profit margin).
I agree, too, and like to add, that even cheap digital cameras today are good enough to deliver satisfying results for most people. Photo forums are used by enthusiasts like us, which represented always a quite small market share, but of course we have an important impact in the premium gear market.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
I think Canon counts on the upgrade path being much simpler than most here think. The path is, "I liked the Rebel (or M series) camera that I bought, but now I am interersted in a higher end camera. Hmmm, what brand was it? Oh, Canon! I will buy a new Canon!" No worries about lens compatibility. No worries about "investment." Simply, I liked my cheap Canon, now I will buy a new Canon.
That's my take.
And that's my biography.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0