Africa film ready for client presentation

Jan 22, 2012
Finally, the client sent me this:
"Thank you for your email.
Unfortunately, after sharing the video with our branding consultants, we will not be publishing this and request that if you do so, the Elewana logo and property logos are removed.
They did however mention that there are some great shots captured, if we can get the raw files for that we can if these can be of any use to us."

Upvote 0

jd7

CR Pro
Feb 3, 2013
Heartbroken, I asked her what had happened. Her reply: "The feedback that I received is that the editing of the video is not up to our standards, the voiceover does not feel natural in the video and doesn't flow smoothly."
And in another email: SHE WILL NOT PAY ME.
I'm very sorry to hear that Sanj. I hope you can find a way forward, but I suspect if you do it will need to involve a lawyer. Whatever you do, make sure you think it all through carefully and have a clear plan in your mind before you do anything.

I am sure I don't need to say it, but I wouldn't be giving them any of your raw images, at least unless and until you have been paid.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
This is bullish!t, anybody that works in media, and video especially, knows full well the edit is close to irrelevant. The footage can be re-edited to anything they want and they know that which is why they are asking for the RAW footage.

The feedback is also complete bullish!t. Sanj needs to talk to their branding consultants to get actual useful feedback from them and then re-edit to their specifications. I can't believe the company never put Sanj in touch with the branding consultants before this point!

Get the branding consultants details, ask them who their editor is and specifically the technical issues with the delivered short, hire their approved editor for a re-edit, $2,000, everybody is happy.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
This is bullish!t, anybody that works in media, and video especially, knows full well the edit is close to irrelevant. The footage can be re-edited to anything they want and they know that which is why they are asking for the RAW footage.

The feedback is also complete bullish!t. Sanj needs to talk to their branding consultants to get actual useful feedback from them and then re-edit to their specifications. I can't believe the company never put Sanj in touch with the branding consultants before this point!

Get the branding consultants details, ask them who their editor is and specifically the technical issues with the delivered short, hire their approved editor for a re-edit, $2,000, everybody is happy.
A good recommendation if he were dealing with a legitimate client. Unfortunately it feels like there is something else going on and the client simply wants out of the contract. I don’t think there is anything Sanj can do to salvage this as the client isn’t being honest about the real reasons.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Hector1970

CR Pro
Mar 22, 2012
I just watched the video and hadn't seem the comments. I thought it was excellent. I've been to Tanzania and Kenya in the past and I thought the video really envoked the beauty and spirit of Africa. I did very budget trips so maybe hold a chip against these luxury hotels on the reserves but I think the video made them extremely attractive. I thought the editing and cutting was excellent. Very polished. Sorry you are having such trouble with it as you can see the effort your put in. It takes alot of effort to get those types of shots in the right lighting conditions. They just don't want to pay, maybe financials are tight. It's not a reflection on your work.

Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Dear friends and well-wishers. Finally, I am getting paid. My payment is 10 days of lodging at their hotel. But they will not put the video on their website as they consider it substandard. I thought I will let you all know. Bittersweet ending.
I hope it was a very expensive hotel!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 29, 2012
Canada
I hope it was a very expensive hotel!

a025.gif

....And all meals should be included!

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0