I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Sad to admit, but I'm afraid I've been beat.

This thread was mildly amusing for a long time. But, I feel like I've just walked out of a movie with a weak and implausible ending that leaves me wishing I had my money back.

I guess I should have seen the end coming, but still, I feel cheated. I feel like yelling: THIS IS THE BEST YOU COULD DO?

I'm going to do my best to drop out of this thread and admit, Harry has won. Not in the sense that I believe one word of his ridiculous story, but in the sense that he's beaten me down and I just have no more desire to engage with a pathological liar who isn't even very clever in his lies.

Upvote 0
unfocused said:

This thread was mildly amusing for a long time. But, I feel like I've just walked out of a movie with a weak and implausible ending that leaves me wishing I had my money back.

I guess I should have seen the end coming, but still, I feel cheated. I feel like yelling: THIS IS THE BEST YOU COULD DO?

I'm going to do my best to drop out of this thread and admit, Harry has won. Not in the sense that I believe one word of his ridiculous story, but in the sense that he's beaten me down and I just have no more desire to engage with a pathological liar who isn't even very clever in his lies.

---

SOOOOOLDIER !!!!! What the HE(*(**(&*(&*(& are YOU doing QUITTING ON US LIKE THIS !!!!!!

THis is NOT A GAAAAAAAmMMMMMEEEE!!!!! This is REAAAAL LIFE !!!!!

ON YOUR FEEET Lieutanant!

THis is YOUR CO TALKING TO YOU!!!!!!!

If you CAN'T TAKE THIS !!!!!! WHat the H&^%&^&^^& do YOU think it gonna be like IN THE TRENCHES ???? What are YOU gonna do when Yer Sony F2.8 lens is CRACKED FROM an ugly woman's gargoyle stare! When ur SSD sticks FU on every fileld Sector !!!! Y'uze gonna CRY and WHIMPER mummy like a a thirsty man sucking the dew of a dead point'n'shoot's batteries? ???????

Tell ME what you THINK is gonna happen WHEN Canon Disappoints you YET AGAIN with a 4k 24 fps 420 MPEG2 codec in a smartphone body???? DO you THINK THIS IS FUNNY ya chavin' yob ??? --- I SURE DON'T !!!!

Say What One More Time !!!! I dare Ya! NO!!!!! I double Dare YA Say WHAT ONE MORE TIME !!!!!!

So Get off your snivelly knees and TAKE THIS FORUM LIKE A MAN !!!! BE the OFFICER
and Gentleman YA MIGHT Have in ya !!!! Keeep comin' back for more of MY STINKIN' HONKIN RUMOURS and keep that broken clock of your's tickin' within a might Leica's lickin'

P.S. Canon IS making their OFFICIAL Medium Format Camera Intro Announcement THIS COMING FEBRUARY 2018 with a -to-certain-selected-media-personnel engineering PRE-announcement at PHOTOKINA in September 2018 !!!!

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!!

===

See YA later this week for a SHOE NOT-FULL-O-HORSE-DOO of JUICEEEE tidbits on MY DOOOZEY of a FIREBALL WHISKEY-STINGIN' of a forthecoming software announcement!!!

On This CanonRumors Theatre Near You!

Upvote 0
HarryFilm said:
unfocused said:

P.S. Canon IS making their OFFICIAL Medium Format Camera Intro Announcement THIS COMING FEBRUARY 2018 with a -to-certain-selected-media-personnel engineering PRE-announcement at PHOTOKINA in September 2018 !!!!
Ahem!
YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST !!!!!!
What we heard first was that it would be announced for sure months ago.

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Mikehit said:
jolyonralph said:
I am working on a 100% lossy encryption algorithm that can store infinite video on a 4GB card.

There are a couple of drawbacks but you have to admit the compression ratio can't be beat.

WHAT!! :eek: you mean I have to buy a 4GB card? Can't you get it to work on a 2GB card?

No. You need the 125% lossy compression for that.

Upvote 0

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
ethanzentz.com
stevelee said:
Mikehit said:
jolyonralph said:
I am working on a 100% lossy encryption algorithm that can store infinite video on a 4GB card.

There are a couple of drawbacks but you have to admit the compression ratio can't be beat.

WHAT!! :eek: you mean I have to buy a 4GB card? Can't you get it to work on a 2GB card?

Does it improve the DR to compare with a Sony?

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
ethanz said:
stevelee said:
Mikehit said:
jolyonralph said:

Only if it's written in Pascal Cobol 6502 assembler

Upvote 0

stevelee

FT-QL
CR Pro
Jul 6, 2017
Davidson, NC
Don Haines said:
HEY! I know 6502 assembler! …… or I did 40 years ago...… The big question is that with a clock speed of 1Mhz and 4 cycles per instruction, could Harry write a 4K encoder for it :)

I used to be able to write some in it, too, but I have no recollection of how. I'm pretty sure my Apple ][ didn't run anything close to 1 Mhz. I think that was the speed of my first Mac. Or maybe it had 1 MB of memory, or maybe both. My assembler routines were needed for dealing with the outside world in real time, mostly audio applications.

I never had occasion to learn COBOL. I was pretty good at FORTRAN, which came in handy as I learned Applesoft BASIC. When I learned Pascal and rewrote a game, it ran so fast I couldn't play it, so I put in some delay loops.

Upvote 0
Don Haines said:
zim said:
ethanz said:
stevelee said:
Mikehit said:
jolyonralph said:

HEY! I know 6502 assembler! …… or I did 40 years ago...… The big question is that with a clock speed of 1Mhz and 4 cycles per instruction, could Harry write a 4K encoder for it :)

===

YES!!! We can write a 4k codec in 6502 assembler!

AND IN COBOL and in Fortran and maybe even in IBM JCL (i.e. Mainframe computer Job Control Language)....While I may have to output the imagery as ASCII artwork to the VT100/VT220/IBM 3270 display terminals ....BUT....it WILL be 4K video.... AND since I still have my VAX CMS/Cobol/Fortran manuals to help me in my coding, the codec will ALSO work on a VAX-780, MicroVAX, DECstation and above!

While we are at it, I might as well get it to work on 8088/8086 IBM-PC/PC-XT and 80286 PC-AT and an 80386 Compaq's...Aaaaaahhhh!!! What the heck. How about the ORIGINAL MACINTOSH's MC68000 processors! I think I can get the 4K codec to work on ALL of them! Memory paging performance will be utterly abysmal BUT I think I can do it!

I've been getting it to work on ARM Cortex A4/M4 cores running at 25 MHZ and 32 MHZ so it CAN be done!

I have ANOTHER ideas...I will see if I can create an MS-DOS 3.0 Batch file command line version of the 4K codec......

YEEEEE HAAAHHHH !!!! Can You Feel The CODE BURN ??? !!!

GET REEAAAADDDDYYYYYY TOOOOO RUUUUUUUMMMMMMMBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
Don Haines said:
zim said:
ethanz said:
stevelee said:
Mikehit said:
jolyonralph said:

Yeah, guilty, wrote a bit of a CAD application back in the day and typically used that for screen cross hair cursors etc. to be a little more per formant. Like a few here started with Fortran on a VAX, Cobol (taught that for a while at college) Pascal, Basic, Lisp, then got lost in the AutoDesk world for many years (AutoLisp C# et al)
How the world has changed!

Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
brad-man said:
"I'm picking out a codec for you
not an ordinary codec for you
but the extra best codec you can buy
with vinyl and stripes and a cup built right in

I'm picking out a codec for you
and maybe a barometer too
and what else can I buy
so on me you'll rely
a rear end thermometer too"

"I should be able to send home more money soon. My girlfriend said she's going to give me a..."

Upvote 0
CanonFanBoy said:
brad-man said:

and what else can I buy
so on me you'll rely

"I should be able to send home more money soon. My girlfriend said she's going to give me a..."

===

Not sure we needed to know all that!!!!!

But Anyways.....A DOOOOOOOZIE of an announcement is coming soon to this forum near you!

AND YES! I will gloatingly yammer in a broken multitude of languages that

I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Upvote 0

Fleetie

Watching for pigs on the wing
Nov 22, 2010
Manchester, UK
www.facebook.com
Harry,

On 29th April, you said:

...BUT...

we DO have another software surprise for you which should be happening right around this coming Wednesday....

Well it's now over a week later than you indicated, and we're still waiting.

So...? Have you got anything, or not?

(I think we know the answer.)

Upvote 0

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
S Florida
HarryFilm said:
CanonFanBoy said:
brad-man said:

and what else can I buy
so on me you'll rely

===

Not sure we needed to know all that!!!!!

But Anyways.....A DOOOOOOOZIE of an announcement is coming soon to this forum near you!

AND YES! I will gloatingly yammer in a broken multitude of languages that

I TOLD YOU SO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor Harry is still trying to discover his special purpose. In the meantime Harry, your mother would appreciate it if you would clean up your room...

Upvote 0

unfocused

Photos/Photo Book Reviews: www.thecuriouseye.com
Jul 20, 2010
Springfield, IL
www.thecuriouseye.com
Fleetie said:
Harry,

On 29th April, you said:

...BUT...

we DO have another software surprise for you which should be happening right around this coming Wednesday....

Well it's now over a week later than you indicated, and we're still waiting.

So...? Have you got anything, or not?

(I think we know the answer.)

He’s got nothing. Never will. Harry has overstayed his welcome. No longer entertaining. He’s revealed himself to be nothing more than a pathetic liar craving attention.

Upvote 0