I'm making a 4:4:4/4:2:2 16/14/12/10-bit codec for Canon DSLR's

HarryFilm

EOS RP
Jun 6, 2016
705
166
tron said:
A very nice trick to hide his incompetence. Of course Harry you have no code at all and you didn't want to be ridiculed ;D

So better a liar rather than incompetent (or troll?) ;D

---

NO TROLLING nor Bad Code...just can't talk right now due to a legally enforceable "Quiet Period Status" ... Just wait for the To-be-sent-to-CanonRumors announcement coming soon....

...BUT...

we DO have another software surprise for you which should be happening right around this coming Wednesday....
 

mb66energy

EOS R
Dec 18, 2011
1,493
359
Germany
www.MichaelBockhorst.de
Seeing is beliving or so - so let's wait and see.

While commercial operating systems and the software of the related companies doesn't profit from the cpu frequency / arithmetical power linearily a lot of free software uses the computers resources much more efficiently so here you see a steady and useful speed increase.
So maybe there is some headroom just in camera firmware which Magic Lantern showed before (but in Harrys case it is a much more dramatic _announcement_).

Give it a chance ...
 

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
24,722
2,311
HarryFilm said:
...just can't talk right now due to a legally enforceable "Quiet Period Status" ...

You do realize that your previous posts on this forum – including examples of your code and UI – constitute a public disclosure of what you're now trying to claim is material, non-public information, don't you? I expect you'd be hearing from the SEC, if any of this were anything more than you talking out of your butt.
 

tron

EOS R5
CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
4,843
1,135
HarryFilm said:
tron said:
A very nice trick to hide his incompetence. Of course Harry you have no code at all and you didn't want to be ridiculed ;D

So better a liar rather than incompetent (or troll?) ;D

---

NO TROLLING nor Bad Code...just can't talk right now due to a legally enforceable "Quiet Period Status" ... Just wait for the To-be-sent-to-CanonRumors announcement coming soon....

...BUT...

we DO have another software surprise for you which should be happening right around this coming Wednesday....
Code is worse than bad: Non-existent! Just Trolling and Lies...
 

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
5,878
3,052
67
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
mb66energy said:
Seeing is beliving or so - so let's wait and see...Give it a chance ...

You are joking, right?

Harry is a complete fraud. His story line is weak and contradicts itself at any number of points. I was curious how he might write himself out of the predicament he created for his character. Unfortunately, the end has turned out to be disappointing and trite.

The character is inconsistent. Somehow the genius anti-establishment code writer begging Canon to sue him has now morphed into an insignificant pawn of his overlords, happily selling out his principles to enable his bosses to make a buck.

A better writer might have been able to pull off that transformation. Unfortunately, Harry's fiction writing is no better than his code writing.
 

brad-man

Semi-Reactive Member
Jun 6, 2012
1,676
587
S Florida
unfocused said:
mb66energy said:
Seeing is beliving or so - so let's wait and see...Give it a chance ...

You are joking, right?

Harry is a complete fraud. His story line is weak and contradicts itself at any number of points. I was curious how he might write himself out of the predicament he created for his character. Unfortunately, the end has turned out to be disappointing and trite.

The character is inconsistent. Somehow the genius anti-establishment code writer begging Canon to sue him has now morphed into an insignificant pawn of his overlords, happily selling out his principles to enable his bosses to make a buck.

A better writer might have been able to pull off that transformation. Unfortunately, Harry's fiction writing is no better than his code writing.

Does this mean that Harry doesn't get his helicopter?
 

Mikehit

EOS R6
Jul 28, 2015
3,323
512
brad-man said:
unfocused said:
mb66energy said:
Seeing is beliving or so - so let's wait and see...Give it a chance ...

You are joking, right?

Harry is a complete fraud. His story line is weak and contradicts itself at any number of points. I was curious how he might write himself out of the predicament he created for his character. Unfortunately, the end has turned out to be disappointing and trite.

The character is inconsistent. Somehow the genius anti-establishment code writer begging Canon to sue him has now morphed into an insignificant pawn of his overlords, happily selling out his principles to enable his bosses to make a buck.

A better writer might have been able to pull off that transformation. Unfortunately, Harry's fiction writing is no better than his code writing.

Does this mean that Harry doesn't get his helicopter?

Of course he does - it's called the Bell Phuey.
 

HarryFilm

EOS RP
Jun 6, 2016
705
166
neuroanatomist said:
HarryFilm said:
...just can't talk right now due to a legally enforceable "Quiet Period Status" ...

You do realize that your previous posts on this forum – including examples of your code and UI – constitute a public disclosure of what you're now trying to claim is material, non-public information, don't you? I expect you'd be hearing from the SEC, if any of this were anything more than you talking out of your butt.

---

Actually, I do know that WHICH I WHY I changed that part of the code!
I went with direct hardware assembly on the SOBEL edge detection code
simply because it was so much faster and the User Interface I showed
was a TEST SYSTEM to see if it actually all works....the people we deal
with want to SEE if what we say actually PERFORMS as how we say it does.
They also DO NOT CARE about the UI...they just want the codec itself
to stuff in their hardware and bioses! I've literally had to re-write the
thing in its ENTIRETY to comply with current Intellectual Property (IP)
disclosure issues such as what has been done recently on this forum!

The SEC actually has nothing to do with this as I am NOT dealing with
exchanges, buys or sells of shares or other financial securities....I've
dealt with the SEC enough times to know about what they do and
do not want to see when it comes to corporate dealings.

Any issues are PURELY Intellectual Property related and deal with
what IS and IS NOT considered proprietary and/or open source code.
And the BIGGEST elephant in the room is SOFTWARE PATENTS which
I have PURPOSEFULLY done much due diligence on and have TRIED
to avoid infringing on any patents from MPEG-LA and the major
audio-and-video-specific corporate giants. Since they have
DEEP POCKETS, it is best to AVOID a legal battle if I can.

I do suggest that with 2700 hours of legal deposition experience,
I ALSO think I might have a tad bit of experience in terms of
Canadian AND USA legal systems in terms of IP, securities, and
corporate law.

We are of course ACTIVELY COURTING the majors....
If Canon won't buy us, then Sony, Microsoft, Facebook,
Amazon or Google WILL !!! Even the notoriously secretive
and in-house-only Apple would take a look at something
this impressive technology-wise!

In terms of hardware, Intel, Samsung or Qualcomm
could EASILY put all our code on a CHIP since I wrote it
SPECIFICALLY in a RISC and CISC-instruction set friendly
manner allowing EVERY cell phone, tablet, laptop and camera
to have our fancy codec technology on a very attractive
royalty basis CHEAPER than MPEG-LA and MUCH, MUCH
MORE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICALLY than HVEC/MP4
since we're charging on a SIMPLE PER CHIP and SIMPLE
PER-ENCODER-SOFTWARE APP basis!

And YUP! We turned around 180 degrees in terms
of being FREE cuz YES we found that YES we ARE
GREEDY and want a share of the world's money pie!

There's nothing wrong with wanting some money
for yourself and family! One must take advantage
of OPPORTUNITY if it presents itself EVEN IF one's
stated position must change in order to do so!
Some people won't do that but I AM !!!!
i.e. changing my position that is!

We shall see what happens in the next two weeks....

---

Anyways there IS A VERY DIFFERENT SURPRISE coming
your way, so keep watching ON THIS FORUM HERE in
the next 5 to 7 days to see what's up on that end!

It's a dooozy of a surprise !!!!!! :) ;-) :) ;-)

----

...AND...on another subject...

the recent patent filings by Canon having a VARIABLE
flange distance adapter bodes well on that NEW AND
LARGE APS-C sensor EF-S mount CANON SMARTPHONE
being almost ready !!!!!!!!

You heard THAT here FIRST and I found out that
the front-of-camera photo with the APS-C sensor
EF-S mount that I posted in another forum posting
is in FACT VERY VERY REAL on a WORKING in-the-wild
testing Canon Smartphone! The second photo showing
the rear smartphone screen was purported to be a mere
physical design mockup made for end-user hand-size
usage and button placement evaluation only.

Maybe you will see MY CODEC on that
Large Sensor Canon Smartphone...???
 

AprilForever

EOS RP
Aug 31, 2010
768
14
aprilforever.com
HarryFilm said:
neuroanatomist said:
HarryFilm said:
...just can't talk right now due to a legally enforceable "Quiet Period Status" ...

You do realize that your previous posts on this forum – including examples of your code and UI – constitute a public disclosure of what you're now trying to claim is material, non-public information, don't you? I expect you'd be hearing from the SEC, if any of this were anything more than you talking out of your butt.

---

Actually, I do know that WHICH I WHY I changed that part of the code!
I went with direct hardware assembly on the SOBEL edge detection code
simply because it was so much faster and the User Interface I showed
was a TEST SYSTEM to see if it actually all works....the people we deal
with want to SEE if what we say actually PERFORMS as how we say it does.
They also DO NOT CARE about the UI...they just want the codec itself
to stuff in their hardware and bioses! I've literally had to re-write the
thing in its ENTIRETY to comply with current Intellectual Property (IP)
disclosure issues such as what has been done recently on this forum!

The SEC actually has nothing to do with this as I am NOT dealing with
exchanges, buys or sells of shares or other financial securities....I've
dealt with the SEC enough times to know about what they do and
do not want to see when it comes to corporate dealings.

Any issues are PURELY Intellectual Property related and deal with
what IS and IS NOT considered proprietary and/or open source code.
And the BIGGEST elephant in the room is SOFTWARE PATENTS which
I have PURPOSEFULLY done much due diligence on and have TRIED
to avoid infringing on any patents from MPEG-LA and the major
audio-and-video-specific corporate giants. Since they have
DEEP POCKETS, it is best to AVOID a legal battle if I can.

I do suggest that with 2700 hours of legal deposition experience,
I ALSO think I might have a tad bit of experience in terms of
Canadian AND USA legal systems in terms of IP, securities, and
corporate law.

We are of course ACTIVELY COURTING the majors....
If Canon won't buy us, then Sony, Microsoft, Facebook,
Amazon or Google WILL !!! Even the notoriously secretive
and in-house-only Apple would take a look at something
this impressive technology-wise!

In terms of hardware, Intel, Samsung or Qualcomm
could EASILY put all our code on a CHIP since I wrote it
SPECIFICALLY in a RISC and CISC-instruction set friendly
manner allowing EVERY cell phone, tablet, laptop and camera
to have our fancy codec technology on a very attractive
royalty basis CHEAPER than MPEG-LA and MUCH, MUCH
MORE ADVANCED TECHNOLOGICALLY than HVEC/MP4
since we're charging on a SIMPLE PER CHIP and SIMPLE
PER-ENCODER-SOFTWARE APP basis!

And YUP! We turned around 180 degrees in terms
of being FREE cuz YES we found that YES we ARE
GREEDY and want a share of the world's money pie!

There's nothing wrong with wanting some money
for yourself and family! One must take advantage
of OPPORTUNITY if it presents itself EVEN IF one's
stated position must change in order to do so!
Some people won't do that but I AM !!!!
i.e. changing my position that is!

We shall see what happens in the next two weeks....

---

Anyways there IS A VERY DIFFERENT SURPRISE coming
your way, so keep watching ON THIS FORUM HERE in
the next 5 to 7 days to see what's up on that end!

It's a dooozy of a surprise !!!!!! :) ;-) :) ;-)

----

...AND...on another subject...

the recent patent filings by Canon having a VARIABLE
flange distance adapter bodes well on that NEW AND
LARGE APS-C sensor EF-S mount CANON SMARTPHONE
being almost ready !!!!!!!!

You heard THAT here FIRST and I found out that
the front-of-camera photo with the APS-C sensor
EF-S mount that I posted in another forum posting
is in FACT VERY VERY REAL on a WORKING in-the-wild
testing Canon Smartphone! The second photo showing
the rear smartphone screen was purported to be a mere
physical design mockup made for end-user hand-size
usage and button placement evaluation only.

Maybe you will see MY CODEC on that
Large Sensor Canon Smartphone...???

I have a friend who is a Prince in his country, but it has been taken over by warlords. He needs some help to escape the country. He needs you to let Him deposit about 25,000,000 British Pounds into your bank account, to help him escape. He will let you keep 2 million for ypur help!!! Can you send me him your bank numbers and such? He probably has sent you an email already. Please help him! He also will be glad to market your codex!
 

unfocused

EOS-1D X Mark III
Jul 20, 2010
5,878
3,052
67
Springfield, IL
www.mgordoncommunications.com
HarryFilm said:
Actually, I do know that WHICH I WHY I changed that part of the code!
I went with direct hardware assembly on the SOBEL edge detection code...Since they have DEEP POCKETS, it is best to AVOID a legal battle if I can...We are of course ACTIVELY COURTING the majors....If Canon won't buy us, then Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon or Google WILL !!! Even the notoriously secretive and in-house-only Apple would take a look at something
this impressive technology-wise!

In terms of hardware, Intel, Samsung or Qualcomm could EASILY put all our code on a CHIP since I wrote it
SPECIFICALLY in a RISC and CISC-instruction set friendly manner allowing EVERY cell phone, tablet, laptop and camera to have our fancy codec technology on a very attractive royalty basis...

AND...on another subject...that NEW AND LARGE APS-C sensor EF-S mount CANON SMARTPHONE being almost ready !!!!!!!!

You heard THAT here FIRST and I found out that the front-of-camera photo with the APS-C sensor EF-S mount that I posted in another forum posting is in FACT VERY VERY REAL on a WORKING in-the-wildtesting Canon Smartphone! ...

...Maybe you will see MY CODEC on that Large Sensor Canon Smartphone...???

Oh Harry. You really need to fix this story line. It veers wildly from one topic to another and doesn't have any internal consistency. You need to read what you wrote back in November and note that what you said back then has little to nothing in common with what you are now saying.

You can't expect to hold the readers' attention when your story line is all over the board like this. You started out spinning a yarn about a codec for video and now you are selling this cinema software to chip manufacturers and cell phone companies?

And, while the large sensor cell phone camera is an entertaining diversion, it is so obviously ludicrous that it makes your "Harry" character seem ridiculously gullible. I understand that you have written yourself into a corner here. If you drop the cell phone camera story line, it's an admission that it was a poorly thought-out subplot. But, it does more damage to your main story line to double down on it.

If you want to keep the story going, you will need to start paring it down to the essentials.

One suggestion: You could say that while developing the video codec, you found that it entailed so much other coding and that it was so intertwined with other features, that you realized you were developing new solutions to any number of other issues and since those had to be resolved first to get your video codec working, you found yourself developing a number of new solutions to other issues and it is those offshoots that are the most marketable and intriguing to other industries. That's semi-plausible and might help get your "Harry" character back on track.

Fellow Forum Participants: "Harry" obviously needs help here. If you want to keep the story alive, please submit your own plot recommendations and story suggestions. Also, perhaps we should consider starting a new thread that creates a backstory or origin story for "Harry." Clearly the author is in over his head, but perhaps with all of our help, we can make "Harry" live on.
 

ethanz

1DX II
CR Pro
Apr 12, 2016
1,174
460
ethanzentz.com
unfocused said:
HarryFilm said:
Actually, I do know that WHICH I WHY I changed that part of the code!
I went with direct hardware assembly on the SOBEL edge detection code...Since they have DEEP POCKETS, it is best to AVOID a legal battle if I can...We are of course ACTIVELY COURTING the majors....If Canon won't buy us, then Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon or Google WILL !!! Even the notoriously secretive and in-house-only Apple would take a look at something
this impressive technology-wise!

In terms of hardware, Intel, Samsung or Qualcomm could EASILY put all our code on a CHIP since I wrote it
SPECIFICALLY in a RISC and CISC-instruction set friendly manner allowing EVERY cell phone, tablet, laptop and camera to have our fancy codec technology on a very attractive royalty basis...

AND...on another subject...that NEW AND LARGE APS-C sensor EF-S mount CANON SMARTPHONE being almost ready !!!!!!!!

You heard THAT here FIRST and I found out that the front-of-camera photo with the APS-C sensor EF-S mount that I posted in another forum posting is in FACT VERY VERY REAL on a WORKING in-the-wildtesting Canon Smartphone! ...

...Maybe you will see MY CODEC on that Large Sensor Canon Smartphone...???

Oh Harry. You really need to fix this story line. It veers wildly from one topic to another and doesn't have any internal consistency. You need to read what you wrote back in November and note that what you said back then has little to nothing in common with what you are now saying.

You can't expect to hold the readers' attention when your story line is all over the board like this. You started out spinning a yarn about a codec for video and now you are selling this cinema software to chip manufacturers and cell phone companies?

And, while the large sensor cell phone camera is an entertaining diversion, it is so obviously ludicrous that it makes your "Harry" character seem ridiculously gullible. I understand that you have written yourself into a corner here. If you drop the cell phone camera story line, it's an admission that it was a poorly thought-out subplot. But, it does more damage to your main story line to double down on it.

If you want to keep the story going, you will need to start paring it down to the essentials.

One suggestion: You could say that while developing the video codec, you found that it entailed so much other coding and that it was so intertwined with other features, that you realized you were developing new solutions to any number of other issues and since those had to be resolved first to get your video codec working, you found yourself developing a number of new solutions to other issues and it is those offshoots that are the most marketable and intriguing to other industries. That's semi-plausible and might help get your "Harry" character back on track.

Fellow Forum Participants: "Harry" obviously needs help here. If you want to keep the story alive, please submit your own plot recommendations and story suggestions. Also, perhaps we should consider starting a new thread that creates a backstory or origin story for "Harry." Clearly the author is in over his head, but perhaps with all of our help, we can make "Harry" live on.

Harry, it looks like you may have to start hiring some employees! We could make this thing really go off with a bang with all the knowledgeable people on CR.
 

GuyF

EOS RP
May 26, 2012
689
0
Spoiler Alert!

As we approach the season finale, our hero finds himself being attacked from every side. Naysayers and trolls goad and mock in an unrelenting assault on plucky Harry. In next week's episode 24 cliffhanger we'll meet a shady lady from Bogota who steals the code, leaving just a broken lipstick as a clue to her identity. What can it mean? Will our gung-ho programmer be able to add a flight-sim easter egg into the code before the beta is released and will he find an antidote to the hallucinogenic mushroom pizza topping that he may have ingested?

Blu ray extras: blooper reel, director's commentary.
 

HarryFilm

EOS RP
Jun 6, 2016
705
166
ethanz said:
unfocused said:
HarryFilm said:
Actually, I do know that WHICH I WHY I changed that part of the code!
I went with direct hardware assembly on the SOBEL edge detection code...Since they have DEEP POCKETS, it is best to AVOID a legal battle if I can...We are of course ACTIVELY COURTING the majors....If Canon won't buy us, then Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon or Google WILL !!! Even the notoriously secretive and in-house-only Apple would take a look at something
this impressive technology-wise!

In terms of hardware, Intel, Samsung or Qualcomm could EASILY put all our code on a CHIP since I wrote it SPECIFICALLY in a RISC and CISC-instruction set friendly manner allowing EVERY cell phone, tablet, laptop and camera to have our fancy codec technology on a very attractive royalty basis...

AND...on another subject...that NEW AND LARGE APS-C sensor EF-S mount CANON SMARTPHONE being almost ready !!!!!!!!

You heard THAT here FIRST and I found out that the front-of-camera photo with the APS-C sensor EF-S mount that I posted in another forum posting is in FACT VERY VERY REAL on a WORKING now-in-the-wild-testing Canon Smartphone! ...

...Maybe you will see MY CODEC on that Large Sensor Canon Smartphone...???

Oh Harry. You really need to fix this story line. It veers wildly from one topic to another and doesn't have any internal consistency. You need to read what you wrote back in November and note that what you said back then has little to nothing in common with what you are now saying.

You can't expect to hold the readers' attention when your story line is all over the board like this. You started out spinning a yarn about a codec for video and now you are selling this cinema software to chip manufacturers and cell phone companies?

And, while the large sensor cell phone camera is an entertaining diversion, it is so obviously ludicrous that it makes your "Harry" character seem ridiculously gullible. I understand that you have written yourself into a corner here. If you drop the cell phone camera story line, it's an admission that it was a poorly thought-out subplot. But, it does more damage to your main story line to double down on it.

If you want to keep the story going, you will need to start paring it down to the essentials.

One suggestion: You could say that while developing the video codec, you found that it entailed so much other coding and that it was so intertwined with other features, that you realized you were developing new solutions to any number of other issues and since those had to be resolved first to get your video codec working, you found yourself developing a number of new solutions to other issues and it is those offshoots that are the most marketable and intriguing to other industries. That's semi-plausible and might help get your "Harry" character back on track.

Fellow Forum Participants: "Harry" obviously needs help here. If you want to keep the story alive, please submit your own plot recommendations and story suggestions. Also, perhaps we should consider starting a new thread that creates a backstory or origin story for "Harry." Clearly the author is in over his head, but perhaps with all of our help, we can make "Harry" live on.

Harry, it looks like you may have to start hiring some employees! We could make this thing really go off with a bang with all the knowledgeable people on CR.

===

My story is VERY consistent!

This is the current storyline so far if y'all haven't seen fit to read it in full yet!

I WAS the one who predicted the C700x Camera with the Global Shutter BEFORE it came out! I was the one who found the PDF docs on Northlight Images UK website and presented them here in North America.

I was the one who predicted the 4K Global Shutter -- I Got that one right too!

THEN i predicted Canon is working on a 65 mm (Arri Alexa-65-like sensor) Medium Format camera for BOTH 8K+ STILLS and 4K 60 fps video.. I saw the image proof!

AND BOOM !!! Looks like they are announcing it soon enough!

THEN The Canon EOS C200 camera comes along and the company I work for on a Beer and Steak consulting basis (i.e. personal friends basis in exchange for camera checkout privileges) buys some of them...I loved them....BUT I was TICKED OFF at the codec so I decided to build my own codec with 4:4:4/4:2:2/4:2/0/4:1:1 sampling at 16, 14, 12, 10, 8 and 6 bits per colour channel from 1 fps to 100,000 fps at 16k, 8k, 4, 2k resolutions AND OTHERS too! I WANTED NO LIMITS!!! So there ARE NONE! I INITIALLY decided to give codec away for free! ....SO BEGAN CODING in November 2017....

Codec was EASY PART --- Hooking into Canon BIOS was NOT SO EASY --- took MUCH LONGER THAN THOUGHT --- Again was UTTER ROYAL PAIN IN BUTT! -- Canon DOES NOT MAKE IT EASY FOR US DEVELOPERS!

Eventually fixed problems by much trial and error and reading every ARM RISC processor technical manual and DIGIC processor technical paper I could find!

Afterwards had sudden EPIPHANY after current colleagues SCREAMED AT ME for being an idiot and even THINKING ABOUT giving code away! Chairs punched-in breaking colleagues hands, cups smashed, SCREAMING in faces -- MUCH ANGER IN THE 10th degree ---- Since THEY own company they make rules but I own 1/3rd of final product! Decide to CHANGE free stance to 180 degrees around and DESIRE MOOOLAH (aka much MONEY!!!!!!!) when we SELL the codec!

Then I REDO ENTIRE PROGRAM --- Rewrite ENTIRE code base to make it FULLY OS platform and RISC and CISC processor independent --- Now we go after majors...WE WANT Canon to buy us first .... cuz we like their stuff and lots of their gear! BUT if they don't then we are SURE that Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon or Google (MAYBE even Apple too!) WILL BUY US because we have PROPRIETARY and non-infringing-upon-MPEG-LA patents platform-independent code with REAL-time ENCRYPTED multi-channel video, audio and metadata streams that are internet friendly and BETTER THAN HVEC/MP4 quality !!!!!

Later On, I personally find out from MULTIPLE nebulous European engineering sources that Canon is working on High End, Large Sensor Smartphone! Saw photo of Front of phone with Canon 7D mk2-like sensor mount and APS-C sensor! Also saw photo of back that is end-user button placement design mockup. Presented BOTH photos HERE on Canon Rumors site!

WAS ABSOLUTELY WOWED TO NO END !!!!!! NOW I REALLY WANT Canon to BUY US !!!! --- I Want MY codec in THAT combined smartphone mirrorless camera gadget...As part of sales contract, I am going to FORCE CANON to put ONE USB-3.1, ONE Thunderbolt, ONE mini-HDMI and ONE Mini-DisplayPort jack which can be used simultaneously PLUS TWO 3.5mm (1/8th inches) audio headphone-style jacks into side of phone with auto-sensing so that two microphones, two-headphones or one headphone and one microphone can be setup and used where BOTH jacks will be auto-sensing for recorded sound AND phone use WHILE AUDIO/VIDEO is being recorded at 60 fps DCI 4k and 120 fps DCI 2k at 4:4:4/4:2:2 10/12/14/16 bits per pixel interframe and 4:4:4 up to 16 bits INTRAFRAME RAW or Motion Wavelet onto external hard drive attachment!

I Want GPS location/elevation/depth data and other end-user metadata to be recorded for EVERY FRAME on an Intraframe recording and after EVERY group of frames (GOP) for INTERFRAME recording! CLEAN DCI 4k 60 fps, 120 fps2k Audio/Video will be able to be directly recorded to external hard disks AND external monitor displays via thunderbolt and/or USB 3.1. There will be On-screen Waveform/Vectorscope and histogram video monitor display and waveform/VU meters for audio monitoring. External adapters for Full Frame and APC-C/EF-S lenses WILL allowed to be locked onto front of phone!

Stills will be 5.9kx3.5k JPEG-2000 (20 megapixels) or FULL 16-bit RAW at 16 FPS burst mode with all ALL Audio/Video/Stills/Metadata files BE FULLY ENCRYPTED with end-user defineable encrypt/decrypt keys (256-bit AES or 4096-bit TWO-FISH)! 22+ megabit upload/download Wireless 4G and Gigabit Wireless Ethernet of imagery AS phone is recording video or stills WILL ALSO be supported as part of my sales contract! Phone will will have 16 gigs of Application RAM and 256 gigabytes of onboard flash drive storage space and SnapDragon 845 CPU's. I WILL MAKES SURE
that a BIG hot-swappable all-day battery can be put on the system!

I WILL MAKE SURE CANON DOES THIS as part of our sales contract!
Priced will be set at UNDER $2000 US

---

NOW that we have much INITIAL interest in buying us from some VERY interesting companies...BUT....I wonder WILL Canon, Sony, Microsoft, Facebook, Amazon, Google or Apple STEP UP TO THE PLATE ??? We've got the CODEC technology! NOW....will their upfront cash and royalties offer be good enough for us????

WE SHALL SEEEEEEEEE !!!!!!!!!!!

THAT is the story so far .......


More info coming soon to a theatre near you !!!!!
 

zim

EOS 5D Mark IV
CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
2,129
317
So basically one of those big bad ass corporates will buy the codec for mucho mulla, bury it of course and our hero Harry will be seen flying off into the sun set sticking it up to the great unwashed here at CR central. :-*
 

HarryFilm

EOS RP
Jun 6, 2016
705
166
zim said:
So basically one of those big bad ass corporates will buy the codec for mucho mulla, bury it of course and our hero Harry will be seen flying off into the sun set sticking it up to the great unwashed here at CR central. :-*

--

YUP!!! AND I will THEN show photos of my Bell 429 GlobalRanger daily driver here as I fly between my NEW custom Vancouver floating-on-False Creek office and the 12000 square foot log-home on 100 acre WATERFRONT ranch on the Eastern side (i.e. the Georgia Straight) of Vancouver Island in British Columbia, Canada...!!!

For my Vancouver-to-Toronto flights to a Bluejays or Raptor game, I will fly my Sukhoi SU-35 Flanker-E jet fighter....only takes 2.5 hours with extra tanks! :) ;-) :)

...

AND YES !!! I so very much will be laughing ALL THE WAY TO THE BANK !!!!!!!!!!

...BUT.... I WILL get Canon, Sony, Microsoft, Samsung, Intel, Qualcomm, Facebook, Amazon, Google or Apple to give us the Combined large-screen DCI 4K 60 FPS up-to 16-bits per channel 444/422, Ful RAW or compressed RGB/YCbCr video Smartphone with large APS-C sensor camera that we all want for less than $2000 !!!!!

I WILL ---ABSOLUTELY--- MAKE SURE OF IT !!!!!!
 

Orangutan

EOS 5D Mark IV
Sep 25, 2010
2,140
3
GuyF said:
Spoiler Alert!

As we approach the season finale, our hero finds himself being attacked from every side. Naysayers and trolls goad and mock in an unrelenting assault on plucky Harry. In next week's episode 24 cliffhanger we'll meet a shady lady from Bogota who steals the code, leaving just a broken lipstick as a clue to her identity. What can it mean? Will our gung-ho programmer be able to add a flight-sim easter egg into the code before the beta is released and will he find an antidote to the hallucinogenic mushroom pizza topping that he may have ingested?

Blu ray extras: blooper reel, director's commentary.

It's nice to see folks getting into the proper spirit now. I foresee large appearance fees for Harry to attend, in costume, at future Photokina and NAB events.
 
<-- start Taboola -->