All the people saying the Cinema DSLR will be crazy expensive, check this out..

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2011
http://www.eoshd.com/content/6817/samsung-in-cmos-break-through-pulls-4k-video-off-sensor-in-400-compact-camera

I've had a few people on the forum suggest that the CDSLR will cost MORE than the C300 simply because it's 4k. I wondered what they could possibly add to a standard DSLR body that would justify it costing $14,000 more than Canon's top of the line camera (1DX).

This article is somewhat reassuring.... if they can get that out of a $400 camera, I'm sure that they can make the Cinema DSLR a relatively reasonable price. 8)

Just read the article again and basically its doing exactly what the C300 is doing for down converting the video from 4K to 1080p.

Thought it sounded familiar but wasn't able to put my finger on it at first.

Its a good sign that the tech is cheap enough to produce by the sounds of it. Lets just hope that it gets here sooner rather than later.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
AG said:
Just read the article again and basically its doing exactly what the C300 is doing for down converting the video from 4K to 1080p.

Thought it sounded familiar but wasn't able to put my finger on it at first.

Its a good sign that the tech is cheap enough to produce by the sounds of it. Lets just hope that it gets here sooner rather than later.

I hope it does. Someone mentioned that it may be released around the same time as the 5DIII, which would actually be a pretty good idea. That would keep video people from buying a 5DIII and then realizing they made a mistake when the CDSLR arrives.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.