Amazon Prime Day Has Arrived

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
Today is the first (of many?) <a href="http://amzn.to/1fIIA7s" target="_blank">Amazon Prime Day</a>, which Amazon promises will have more deals than Black Friday. The only catch is that you need an Amazon Prime membership, which is free for the first 30 days.</p>
<p>There’s little chance of any Canon branded items being featured, due to MAP regulations, but there should be a lot of electronics and and other photographic items on sale.</p>
<p>The deals today are global and if you go to your regional Amazon site, you should see some unique deals.</p>
<p><strong><a href="http://amzn.to/1fIIA7s" target="_blank">Amazon.com</a> | <a href="http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=390961&linkCode=ur2&node=11614301011&rw_useCurrentProtocol=1&tag=canorumo0c-20" target="_blank">Amazon Canada</a> | <a href="http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=as_li_ss_tl?_encoding=UTF8&camp=1634&creative=19450&linkCode=ur2&node=6505293031&pf_rd_i=desktop&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_p=654037167&pf_rd_r=1CT71KYSM31M6PNWN17D&pf_rd_s=desktop-pinata-hero&pf_rd_t=36701&tag=canorumo07-21" target="_blank">Amazon UK</a></strong></p>

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Re: Amazon Prime Day is Slime Day

Rick said:
These so-called deals are only available for a few hours with limited supplies apparently. So, if you don't have a job and can check the website all day long, then good for you and you might save a few pennies. More of a clearance sale than anything.

You're probably right. There are some Rokinon deals coming, but that's about it for photo gear.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010

Canon Rumors said:
There are some Rokinon deals coming, but that's about it for photo gear.

Quite a few more, actually. Some larger-sized B+W Käsemann HTC CPLs (including 95mm for you Tamron 150-600 users), some 'normal' sized Tiffen CPLs (not that I'd recommend them), Joby Gorillapod, Sony SD memory cards, etc.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012

neuroanatomist said:
Canon Rumors said:
There are some Rokinon deals coming, but that's about it for photo gear.

Quite a few more, actually. Some larger-sized B+W Käsemann HTC CPLs (including 95mm for you Tamron 150-600 users), some 'normal' sized Tiffen CPLs (not that I'd recommend them), Joby Gorillapod, Sony SD memory cards, etc.

Yeah, I saw those B+W's polarizer filters...just was wishing for more normal sized ones...although I did look and it appears the discount was about the same on the other sizes...about 29% off.

Tempting..I've had one of those good ones with the nano coating on my wish list for quite some time now....

They had one of those gorilla flexible tripods on sale earlier too...

Upvote 0
Picked up a 32GB 150MB/s Lexar card for $15, not bad.

They also have the SL1 +18-55 STM + 64GB card + backpack for $400. They got around MAP by calling it a "mystery" camera. They left the DPReview there though so it wasn't hard to figure it out lol.

Obviously there wasn't going to be any awesome deals on canon gear because of MAP.

Upvote 0
Amazon is correct, this is just like Black Friday -- which sucked. The deals are generally not great. The availability is ridiculously low. I actually caught the $75 TV deal right when it went live. I mulled it over for about 5 minutes and it went from 0% to 100% with Waitlist Full, no stops in between. I refreshed it multiple times, too. Lots of bargain bin junk in here, too.

Upvote 0
Sad. Random techno bric-a-brac, organized with no rhyme or reason whatsoever.

What I don't understand is that I've not received any personalized email, let alone a 'just-for-you' page (or something along those lines.) I've been a Prime subscriber since day one, and have made plenty of purchases so they certainly know my interests. (Contrast that with Newegg: if I even glance at a hard drive on their site, within 24 hours I've got an email linking to deals on similar items.)

Is the expectation that I'll just wander into Jeff Bezos's garage sale and start poking around?

Upvote 0
grainier said:
With taxes, prime-only items, shipping delays for non-prime members Amazon is no longer my primary buying venue.

Prime has been awesome for me, so Amazon has remained my go-to for "miscellaneous". This was a non-event though; I looked a couple of times and rolled my eyes. "Amazon's garage sale" was the best description I've seen for it.

Upvote 0