Amazon Prime Day Has Arrived

Jul 21, 2010
LonelyBoy said:
Prime has been awesome for me, so Amazon has remained my go-to for "miscellaneous". This was a non-event though; I looked a couple of times and rolled my eyes. "Amazon's garage sale" was the best description I've seen for it.

+1, Prime is great - more than pays for itself. Prime Day...was like any other Wednesday.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
LonelyBoy said:
Prime has been awesome for me, so Amazon has remained my go-to for "miscellaneous". This was a non-event though; I looked a couple of times and rolled my eyes. "Amazon's garage sale" was the best description I've seen for it.

+1, Prime is great - more than pays for itself. Prime Day...was like any other Wednesday.

I dunno, the $20 off $100 was okay . . . and the MP3 album coupon bug was pretty cool too :D

Upvote 0
Like others here, I found Prime Day to be more like a Garage Sale of stuff they wanted to get rid, with low supply. People were eating it up though, stock ran out instantly of just about everything. I think it was that feeling of wanting to be able to say you got the deal too.

But it was waste of time for me. Nothing I really wanted or needed on sale. Glad I resisted the urge to buy for the sake of buying.

Upvote 0
Mar 25, 2011
Re: CPW offers A FLASH SALE until 7/17 Noon

FROM CANON PRICE WATCH

As we know you are all somewhat disappointed after a lackluster Amazon Prime Day, we’ve worked with one of our Canon Authorized street price dealers to put together an amazing 36-hour sale in honor of their 25th Anniversary. We have some newly reduced street prices, brand new from a Canon USA authorized dealer, these are only available until Friday July 17th at noon ET or until sold out. (Don’t worry, we have more stock than Amazon did on their Prime Day items…)

A USA Authorized Dealer selling a 7D MK II for $1299! Not a Gray Market Deal.•EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM for $1599 Street Price After Rebate
•EF 16-35mm f/4L IS USM for $929 Street Price After Rebate

http://www.canonpricewatch.com/blog/2015/07/street-price-36-hour-cpw-day-sale-canon-cameras-and-lenses/

•EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS II for $1999 Street Price
•EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM II for $1749 Street Price After Rebate
•EF 135mm f/2.0L USM for $849 Street Price After Rebate
•EOS 7D Mark II for $1299 Street Price
•EOS 5Ds for $3299 Street Price

Upvote 0
silat shooters said:
People were eating it up though, stock ran out instantly of just about everything.

Maybe on some things. On others, however, the "deal" was sold out with a full wait list, but the product remained in stock. Meaning that Amazon simply put an arbitrary limit on the number available for the discount, and once those were gone, it was back to full price.

Upvote 0