Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Aug 9, 2016
I agree with you - it is the 100-400, but when someone suggested it was a different lens I wanted to give them some sort of way of seeing for themselves that it was the 100-400 rather than just saying "you are wrong". Difference in approach to the conversation, but same perspective.

well sorry, I am only reacting to your stated fact "the lens is the 70-300 L. It definitely is not the 100-400 "

I didnt want anyone else reading that and taking it as fact when I clearly know the post you provided is incorrect.

Upvote 0
well sorry, I am only reacting to your stated fact "the lens is the 70-300 L. It definitely is not the 100-400 "

I didnt want anyone else reading that and taking it as fact when I clearly know the post you provided is incorrect.
I think you might have misunderstood my earlier comments, or are quoting someone else - every post I have made on the lens said it was the 100-400 ii. I referenced the knob on the tripod collar to say 70-300 does not match while the knob on the 100-400 does match. We've been agreeing this whole the whole time, but saying it in different ways. I'm going to leave it here.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Defining the poetics of space through Architecture
Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
The two-tone raises the question of why a company that made its premium lenses distinctive with white color shouldn't so something similarly bold to make its camera bodies stand apart? Potentially appealing to me.

If it's bare magnesium it's unexpected to have the logo applied.

With Sony doing me too white lenses Canon needs to distinguish themselves to the public and this is an excellent way to do so.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
If real, I think this is an unfinished prototype. While the distinctive look might be cool on the sidelines, wildlife photographers (myself) would hate this scheme because of reflections. I don't see Canon changing the ergonomics of the 1dx III at this stage of the DSLR lifecycle.

Like days of old, comes in basic black or two tone silver and black like the FTb was. Your choice.

Upvote 0

Architect1776

Aug 18, 2017
Williamsport, PA
I think you might have misunderstood my earlier comments, or are quoting someone else - every post I have made on the lens said it was the 100-400 ii. I referenced the knob on the tripod collar to say 70-300 does not match while the knob on the 100-400 does match. We've been agreeing this whole the whole time, but saying it in different ways. I'm going to leave it here.

OK at this point who cares what lens it is? We are looking at the camera.

Upvote 0
Well if the camera is that big there is a 3rd surpise (1: 20mp 2: ugly white/black body) It is a medium format camera hence no 1DxIII !!! :p

EDIT: Which negates the 2nd surprise because in that super rare (CR0) case it does not correspond to 1DxIII at all! Oh well..

--- and MAYBE you are in fact CORRECT that it MIGHT be a large sensor (i.e. greater than Full Frame) camera !!!

Anyways, if it IS a large sensor camera, then DO fix the low-light noise issues. I'd rather have 20-to-24 megapixels with large, super-low-light sensitive photosites on my sensors than have a 30 to 75 megapixel monster!

Soooooo, ..... WHat is Happiness?

A Big Burger and BIGGER PHOTOSITES :) :) :)

P.S. Lunch Today at December 19, 2019 -- VERY TASTY Earl's Bacon and Cheddar Burger! (Across from Bridge Film Studios Burnaby -- near Vancouver, Canada)

Attachments

• More Happiness is Cropping Hard and a BIG Christmas 2019 Burger.png
    More Happiness is Cropping Hard and a BIG Christmas 2019 Burger.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 132
  • Happiness is a Christmas 2019 Burger and Less Sensor Noise.png
    Happiness is a Christmas 2019 Burger and Less Sensor Noise.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Upvote 0

tron

CR Pro
Nov 8, 2011
--- and MAYBE you are in fact CORRECT that it MIGHT be a large sensor (i.e. greater than Full Frame) camera !!!

Anyways, if it IS a large sensor camera, then DO fix the low-light noise issues. I'd rather have 20-to-24 megapixels with large, super-low-light sensitive photosites on my sensors than have a 30 to 75 megapixel monster!

Soooooo, ..... WHat is Happiness?

A Big Burger and BIGGER PHOTOSITES :) :) :)

Or the one displayed is just what it seems: A big LEGO camera :D

Upvote 0