Ants in 5D2

Status
Not open for further replies.
TexPhoto said:
Get a 5D III, fill it with honey, set it next to the 5DII The Ants will upgrade.

I don't know which joke to choose in this post, they're all so freaking hilarious!
Kudos to everybody!!
BTW where do you keep your camera, how many ants do you think are inside and still I don't understand how they manage to get inside if you kept the battery door closed.

Upvote 0
Gabrielle said:
TexPhoto said:
Get a 5D III, fill it with honey, set it next to the 5DII The Ants will upgrade.

I don't know which joke to choose in this post, they're all so freaking hilarious!
Kudos to everybody!!
BTW where do you keep your camera, how many ants do you think are inside and still I don't understand how they manage to get inside if you kept the battery door closed.

So far my joke has earned me 2 smites, and 0 applause, so the system continues to work well!

On a more serious note, Ants will go in things to explore, but will generally leave if there is no food to be found. So unless there is food inside the camera, they should just leave. I think I might place the camera outside in the sun to encourage the process. And maybe remove a body panel to ease the path out.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your light hearted replies, you've managed to put a smile on my face on what has been quite a frustrating day. One question though, I'm not sure I can fit a dog in there to get rid of the hairless cat so should I just leave it next to the camera to grab the cat when it comes out?

A bit more info for those who asked. I'm camping at the moment and it has rained almost constantly. The camera has been left in the car when not in use. I brought it out for some shots then put it down on a camp chair for about 30 mins while doing other things and when I came back there were ants inside. They hadn't nested inside, but I think it may have been their plan. It was the only thing around that was dry and warm.

I didn't want to go through Canon for cleaning them out, the time without my camera is not very desirable. But it may be the best way for piece of mind.

Thanks again for making me smile.

Upvote 0
Harry Muff said:
Put a grasshopper in there. They hate grasshoppers.

Once they're all gone, stick a bird in there to get the grasshopper out.

Cats are good for dealing with birds, but you might want to consider a small one as, despite being a full-frame camera, it might be a bit tight in there.

Cats hate dogs...

awesome haha

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.