Anything Strobist

Dec 13, 2010
Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Re: Bare bulb mod

Hannes said:
sagittariansrock said:
@Viggo: This might be quite coincidental, but this thread was posted just today (a thanks and a shout-out, Hannes!)

I was going to post it a week or two ago but forgot, this thread actually reminded me to do it :)

Thanks a bunch, I'm an old electronics repair nerdy head, so this sort of stuff is candy to me, lol.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
sagittariansrock said:
Viggo, you are utilizing the Art wide open beautifully. Love your B/Ws.
How strong was the sun? I am impressed that 2 Speedlites at 1/4 are able to overpower it so well.

It was around 5 pm, so not midday, but the one of my daughter on the swing was midday. They are packing some real punch for sure, at least without a softbox. The 50 Art wide open is perfect for what I shoot, the complete no distortion and the corner sharpness is tailor made for me.

Thanks for your comment. I used a IR-type preset for that shot, crushed the blacks a bit and it turned out better in BW in color, which I find seldom.

Upvote 0
Viggo said:
Thanks for your comment. I used a IR-type preset for that shot, crushed the blacks a bit and it turned out better in BW in color, which I find seldom.

They have an B&W movie look that looks beautiful. Keep doing what you are doing, don't change a thing. Looking forward to seeing more.

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
sagittariansrock said:
Viggo said:

They have an B&W movie look that looks beautiful. Keep doing what you are doing, don't change a thing. Looking forward to seeing more.

Too kind man! Thanks! :D

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
vulie504 said:
This thread is such a good idea! I've recently decided to take the plunge and purchased a flash/trigger and everyone's pictures and explanations are so helpful. Hopefully I'll get the hang of off camera flash and will be able to contribute to this thread.

That's great to hear! We're looking forward to your shots and inputs. Welcome to CR also :)

Upvote 0
Viggo said:
Here's a shot from earlier today, I have rediscovered hard light, and I love it!

Two Canon 600 RT bare bulb to the back left at 1/1 power, zoomed to 50mm. Triggered by the Canon ST-E3. Sigma 50 Art at f1.4, iso 100, 1/8000s.

a80.jpg
Nailed it at 1.4! Great shot!

Upvote 0
Dec 13, 2010
Jamesy said:
Viggo said:
Here's a shot from earlier today, I have rediscovered hard light, and I love it!

Two Canon 600 RT bare bulb to the back left at 1/1 power, zoomed to 50mm. Triggered by the Canon ST-E3. Sigma 50 Art at f1.4, iso 100, 1/8000s.

a80.jpg
Nailed it at 1.4! Great shot!

Thanks Jamsey! It was the only shot I took also. 50 Art is such a killer lens.

Upvote 0