Anything Strobist

Dec 13, 2010
Finally got my camera back after 36 days away on repair and got to test my new Godox+Profoto octa.

They managed to send me the old trigger even though I bought the new one, so no HSS yet, it sucks...

But here's one of the first shots I did. I LOVE the light output from this combo!

m101.jpg

And a grey, rainy and cloudy day suddenly looks interesting (to me at least)

a102.jpg

Upvote 0
Ninja ~ out of the Age of Steam by Christopher Mark Perez, on Flickr

Ninja ~ out of the Age of Steam
Warrior from the Edge of Time and Beyond the Seam of Space. Powered by an unknowable source. Animated by Spirits Great. Guided by the Hand of Fate.

{This is a photo I _had_ to make. I looked at a couple other photographer's work and wished I'd done what they'd done. This image is my response to their work.}

----
Photographer: C'est moi
Photographer's Assistant: Judith Turano
Model/Couture/MUA: Tithann Thanh
----
Strobist Info: Elinchrom BX500Ri into bounce umbrella over camera

BTW, some of my work with M. Thann will be shown shortly here in Paris, France. The details in French are... from friend and colleague, http://arthurmorgan.fr/post/89344176723/un-portfolio-steampunk-dans-le-numero-19-de-fiction -

Expo photo steampunk : Le Paris des Mystères !

Je vous avais parlé il y a quelques temps d’une série de photos pour le magazine Fiction.

L’idée étaient de représenter des personnages célèbres de l’Histoire ou de la Littérature, version Steampunk, dans Paris (Fantomas, Mata Hari, Mina Murray etc).

Il a été difficile de choisir quelle photo devait être publiée tant le travail du photographe Christopher Perez était magnifique. Mais il n’en fallait que 10.

Nous avons donc décidé de faire une expo avec les autres photos.
Retrouvez les 10 portraits du magazine ainsi qu’une vingtaine de photos inédites dès novembre au Salon du Fantastique, du 31 octobre au 2 novembre 2014, Porte de Champerret à Paris.

Autres dates :

De janvier 2015 à Mars 2015 : Librairie Les Quatre Chemins à Lille.

In short, the images published in Fiction #19 ~ Ete will be on display. If you're not able to see the show in Paris, we'll be in Lille for three months at the first of the year.

Upvote 0