BIRD IN FLIGHT ONLY -- share your BIF photos here

We now have two Reddish Egrets hanging around the river channel, one being a recently fledged bird and the other a third year bird. Of course the older one takes great affront to whenever it thinks the juvie is in its territory which has given me some great chase sequences. This is the older one taking off in pursuit.
SDR13512-4K.jpg

Reactions: 11 users
Upvote 0

Bert63

What’s in da box?
CR Pro
Dec 3, 2017
A couple of osprey from last weekend. Not too many of these guys around any more, wish I could follow them to South America for the winter. :) Outings like this make it easier to look at the empty spots in my bag where the 7D2 and 5D4 used to live - I've finally stopped crying over them. hehehe.

View attachment 192842View attachment 192843

Very nice Henry - l;ove the head orientation on the second one.. I know you're shooting the R5, but which lens are you using to take these shots?

Upvote 0

ISv

"The equipment that matters, is you"
CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017

Eurasian Curlew - hard to tell the exact race but most probably Numenius arquata orientalis. They don't reach to Hawaii (well, no record so far...) and I still have to see it in Europe (very little probability since I'm on the other side of the globe and my rare visits to my country of origin are like "where first and what has the priority" :cautious:!

Upvote 0

AlanF

Desperately seeking birds
CR Pro
Aug 16, 2012
Eurasian Curlew - hard to tell the exact race but most probably Numenius arquata orientalis. They don't reach to Hawaii (well, no record so far...) and I still have to see it in Europe (very little probability since I'm on the other side of the globe and my rare visits to my country of origin are like "where first and what has the priority" :cautious:!
You are so far in the other side that I'm nearly half a day ahead of you. So, it's good morning to me and good night to you!

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
You are so far in the other side that I'm nearly half a day ahead of you. So, it's good morning to me and good night to you!

Ha, ha - yes you are right off course! Do not forget your tee (or coffee if you like it better?). I prefer the coffee and never drink tee but it's just me...

Upvote 0

ISv

CR Pro
Apr 30, 2017
Two from today with RF 800mm IS STM.
Heuglin's gull catching a fish larger than it's mouth!
EOS-R + RF 800mm, 1/1600 sec, ISO 800
View attachment 193269

And an American Black Duck flying by.
EOS-R + RF 800mm, 1/1600 sec, ISO 2000
View attachment 193270

I like the photos but judging by the "American black duck" I expect you to be located somewhere in North America. Most probably your "Heuglin's Gull" is
the Lesser black-backed gull - both species out of their range are practically identical, I mean you ID the bird mostly by the range (well, if you did DNA/RNA analysis, or you had the bird in your hands and you know what to look about, then you will know better) because the field markers are about non-existent.
And actually I'm not very sure it's the Lesser black-backed Gull :p: gulls are ultimate pain in the @@@ (censored by me ;)) and they are a problem even for the experts...

Upvote 0