Attachments

• washedout - 001.jpg
    washedout - 001.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,635
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Mar 13, 2012
Snodge said:
Awesome seeing all the excellent mono images - figured I'd show a couple of mine. The first is the back of flats and houses in Bath, and the second is a street in Bristol. I went through a phase of trying to make my mono images look old, and this was done with a preset for Lightroom that I made myself...

Well done!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Kernuak said:
Kernuak said:
Arctic Photo said:
Thanks.
Thanks Ken. I'm actually in the middle of arranging another shoot with her, but just to keep you going, here's another from the same shoot.

Heather Louise by Kernuak (avalonlightphotoart.co.uk), on Flickr
Cool, she has a great face and fantastic eyes. It must be fun shooting with her.

I hope you'll be able tonpost some photos from the new shoot.

I have recently moved from one continent to another and don't have any models yet for my portrat shoots that I like to do so much. I hope that will be sorted soon.

Happy new year to you!

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
Viper28 said:
old school: EOS-5 + 24-105/4L on Ilford XP2 super IS0400 Black & White film with Lightroom post processing.
4622731688_3ea3ae1eae_b.jpg

4622698376_352e676c79_b.jpg

4622710952_48bfa69921_b.jpg

Love the legs shot, very well done.

Also good to see the Bristol Fighter getting a viewing. I presume this was part of the Shuttleworth Collection at Old Warden.

After a disasterous start when they tried to use the rear gunner as the main armament the Bristol went on to become one of the most successful aircraft of World War One, a forward firing fighter like the other scouts but one which could protect its tail. Stayed in service after the war longer than any other aircraft.

I think this is the only airworthy one left, although much of a disassembled one was recent found in a barn, and the last I heard a consortium were boing to rebuild it to flying standard.

I know a little about these because when I was a young lad we had a family friend who flew as the rear gunner in one during the war in 1918 having lied about his age in order to join up.

Upvote 0