Blood Moon Eclipse Show Photos Here

Feb 24, 2012
didn't know this was going to happen until i saw my neighbor setting up a telescope. I really only got some shots of the super moon in full and transitioning towards full eclipse, then someone cued the clouds.

Maryland USA nearly sea level 300mmIS w/1.4 tele f8 1/250th iso100 5dmk3, massively cropped to only 2.83 MP. Not exactly hubble but it's what i got.

Attachments

• CBS_1972_cr.jpg
    CBS_1972_cr.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 253
Upvote 0

Jack Douglas

CR for the Humour
Apr 10, 2013
Alberta, Canada
After coming in and looking at my shots I deleted most of them after sending 3 apologetic samples to some friends. Now I see and read what's here and I hadn't done too bad after all, 6D, 300 2.8 X2. I felt like a fool when the eclipsed moon grew so dark. Live and learn with CR as usual being a good teacher. :-[

Jack

Upvote 0
Hi folks

Here's my effort. It's a composite, obviously, taken from Magadi in southern Kenya. Since we are pretty much on the equator, the moon tracks across the sky amost directly overhead. This was something I'd never done before and it was quite challenging. The location is an alkaline lake in the Great Rift Valley about 100km from my home in Nairobi on a diabolical road, we were harassed by security guys and the wind was howling but we had to come here to be fairly sure of clear skies.

I think the exif is intact but reflects only the base image of the soda ash factory in the foreground.

5dIII + 100-400L + tripod + ML + 2 secs timer

Attachments

• magadi-eclipse-1024px.jpg
    magadi-eclipse-1024px.jpg
    509.6 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

zim

CR Pro
Oct 18, 2011
petefromzim said:
Hi folks

Here's my effort. It's a composite, obviously, taken from Magadi in southern Kenya. Since we are pretty much on the equator, the moon tracks across the sky amost directly overhead. This was something I'd never done before and it was quite challenging. The location is an alkaline lake in the Great Rift Valley about 100km from my home in Nairobi on a diabolical road, we were harassed by security guys and the wind was howling but we had to come here to be fairly sure of clear skies.

I think the exif is intact but reflects only the base image of the soda ash factory in the foreground.

5dIII + 100-400L + tripod + ML + 2 secs timer

Really like this shot, well worth the effort. Thanks for posting!

Upvote 0