Canon 70D Buffer speed

Does anyone have any specs on the Buffer speed for the Canon 70D whats the Best SD card to use?
I am shooting some fast action sports and want to shoot raw. But the buffer max's out at 15 shot even using a 600x SD card. I can shoot JPG and the count will increase to 30ish. I know its a smaller size and compression.
Didnt know if using a sandisk extereme pro card 90/90 would help?
Shooting manual with auto iso and shutter 1000 and F 2.8-5.6

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
ronaldbyram said:
But the buffer max's out at 15 shot even using a 600x SD card.

I didn't look it up, but the bottle neck will be the sd card interface - for example on the 6d it's only 20mb/s, no matter(!) how much faster the card is. So if the internal buffer is smaller than on the premium models - as it's supposed to be, Canon wants to sell the 7d2 - there is little to hope for even with an updated fw. Imho 20x 20mp raw isn't that bad, btw.

Upvote 0

Xero

Canon or death.
Sep 6, 2014
LA
www.koreyrowe.com
I dealt with this for a while and found that any card 90mbs or more per second will give you uninterrupted shooting. Anything less, even if its called class 10 is garbage. You need a 90 mbs / sec minimum, then you shoot with no buffer problems. The Sandisk 95's or PNY 90's work perfectly. They each are a bit over 30 bucks each and TOTALLY worth it.

Again class 10 means almost nothing, its all about the transfer rate in MBS/SEC

Upvote 0