Canon Announces ImagePROGRAF Pro-1000

Hello to all,
I bought the Prograf 1000, but when I turned it on, instead appearing the setup pages, appeared a "Support Code 1881" saying that the head is not properly installed. I´m trying to figure out how can a message like this is appearing before any step, before the print head it self being installed. When I tried to move forward, opening the top cover, or clicking in any button, nothing happened, and it looks the printer is blocked. Please, can you give me some help, any clue about what happened or what I can do to solve this issue. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0
kten said:
one thing I'd like to know is what are the max print area sizes on art papers. I know printing A3+ on my pro10 there is issues on some papers I like to use because the driver wont do them full size borderless because of concern over head strike with edge curling.

The PRO-1000 can print borderless at A2 size.
I have one and it's a very capable printer - produces stunning images!

Upvote 0

LDS

Sep 14, 2012
Nuno Santos said:
Unfortunately that is only possible after the setup, but at this early stage, we don´t have access to the print head "holder", even opening the top cover, nothing happened. Thank you

It may be the head holder was somehow "slackened" while in transport, or it could be defective, but if the head mechanism cannot be reached, it's hard to check.

I'm afraid you need to ask Canon support, with a mint new printer I would avoid DIY fixes (and maybe void the warranty). They may have "undocumented" service options that could move the head to the servicing position. Just hope it's something that could be fixed without sending the printer back.

Upvote 0