Canon DPP v4.15.20 released with support for R3

Last edited:
As expected, any supported camera's serial number does the job. I entered my EOS R serial number, and am now running v4.15.20 that supports the EOS R3. But I still need that R3...
I have also found that any valid serial number works to download (any) new version of the DPP. Previously I've used the S/N's for my 5D3 and the 1Dx, and both have always worked. I cannot recall if the S/Ns of the 10D and 50D worked as well :unsure:

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
You definitely need the R3 because to download the software you need the camera's serial number....
It would make no sense to require R3 serial number, as this version has R3 support added. Why block download to serial numbers of cameras of any previously supported model?

Beside, I downloaded it with my 5DmkIV serial.

Upvote 0
Well I've just updated through "Check for Updates" from within DPP4, and didn't require a serial number at all.
Correct. It's only when you go to download a 'full' release from the Canon support website that it requires a valid serial number.

I don't quite understand why they ask for it, because it's easy enough to find one floating on the net or digging it out of the EXIF from a suitable camera.

Upvote 0