Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-1d-x-availability-in-north-america/"></g:plusone></div><div id="fb_share_1" style="float: right; margin: 0 0px 0 10px;"><a name="fb_share" type="box_count" share_url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-1d-x-availability-in-north-america/" href="http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php">Share</a></div><div><script src="http://static.ak.fbcdn.net/connect.php/js/FB.Share" type="text/javascript"></script></div><div class="tweetmeme_button" style="float: right; margin-left: 10px; margin-bottom: 70px;"><a class="tm_button" rel="&style=normal&b=2" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2012/07/canon-eos-1d-x-availability-in-north-america/"></a></div>
<strong>They’re coming!

</strong>We have unconfirmed reports that a few retailers in the US and Canada will be receiving their initial Canon EOS-1D X shipments this week.</p>
<p>We have reports they’ve shown up already in Montreal, Canada. I expect to get mine some time this week.</p>
<p><strong>B&H Photo

</strong>We can’t confirm, but we’ve heard B&H Photo has told preorder customers that they expect a shipment this week. The July 4, 2012 holiday may disrupt some shipping though.</p>
<p><strong>Preorder the Canon EOS-1D X at <a href="http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/827036-REG/Canon_5253B002_EOS_1D_X_Digital_SLR.html/BI/2466/KBID/3296" target="_blank">B&H</a> | <a href="http://www.adorama.com/ica1dx.html?kbid=64393" target="_blank">Adorama</a> | <a href="http://rcm.amazon.com/e/cm?lt1=_blank&bc1=000000&IS2=1&bg1=FFFFFF&fc1=000000&lc1=0000FF&t=canorumo-20&o=1&p=8&l=as4&m=amazon&f=ifr&ref=ss_til&asins=B005Y3T1AI" target="_blank">Amazon</a></strong></p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Jul 21, 2010
From a B&H online chat support 'conversation' about an hour ago (names removed):

Me: Hi, any update on EOS 1D X deliveries?

B&H rep: ...I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

Me: Ok, thank you.

B&H rep: There is a shipment on the way to B&H, it will arrive after the 4th of July holiday

Me: Excellent news! Can you give me any idea if my place in the pre-order queue is high enough that it's likely I'll get one from this shipment?

B&H rep: Sure will

Me: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
From a B&H online chat support 'conversation' about an hour ago (names removed):

B&H rep: ...I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.

B&H rep: There is a shipment on the way to B&H, it will arrive after the 4th of July holiday

Me: Excellent news! Can you give me any idea if my place in the pre-order queue is high enough that it's likely I'll get one from this shipment?

Me: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When did you pre-order?

Upvote 0
Moody Blues said:
I ordered my 1DX from BH at 9:30 PM EST on March 14th. (I believe that this was the first day) I just contacted them and they noted that mine is not scheduled to ship yet. They did note though that they have already shipped some out.

What time did you order? I would hate to think that by waiting a few hours, I have cost myself another few weeks of waiting...

Upvote 0
I just got off the phone with B&H customer service. He seemed very put out that I was asking about the status of my 1DX order that I placed on 3/16/12. He said queue order for shipping is confidential and is never to be given out. Further, he told me that they had no idea how many cameras Canon shipped or when they shipped them. He even put me on hold when I challenged him with Neuro's information.

Very frustrating to receive this kind of treatment from a company I've spent over $50,000 with over the past few years.

I just hope Neuro is right... It's been a long wait, would love to have this camera for an upcoming family vacation.

Cheers

Upvote 0
I just got off live chat with BH too, and they told me pretty much the same as Neuro...That Canon sent them a shipment over the weekend and they should get it in a few days. I too am getting mine first batch! Granted, my order number was nearly the same as Neuro's, but I'm really excited, and so was the dude on BH's live chat. In fact, he might have been more enthusiastic than I was.

Dr. Deano-I'd recommend live-chatting them and putting your order number in the opening dialog box.

Upvote 0
coltsfreak18 said:
Dr. Deano-I'd recommend live-chatting them and putting your order number in the opening dialog box.

I think I have horrible luck with Customer Service reps..

Here's my conversation with the online chat rep:

-----------------------------

Me: Hello Rep. Some of my friends over at CanonRumors said you guys could help to see if my 1DX will ship out with the next batch. My order number is: XXXXXXXXXX.

Rep: Unfortunately we do not have a date yet, we are receiving shipments- depending on Canon as to how many per shipment & how often that's how we fulfill the orders.

Me: Can you enlighten me to how some people are getting info from you guys that their cameras are shipping out this week? Are they fabricating the story?

Rep: I am not quite sure how anyone is getting this information... As of now I still see no orders that will be shipping, we are currently waiting for a shipment to come in.

Rep: We appreciate your business. Have a wonderful day!

---------------------------

I don't doubt the reports others are getting. Just wish there could be a better way of getting information to people who have been waiting months for this thing. It looks like the two days it took to convince my wife to let me order the camera may end up adding a few more weeks to the wait.

Upvote 0
Either people on this forum are lying (why, I dont know) or the chat reps are lying about not being able to give out shipping info.
The rep @ *** whom I chatted with had no way of knowing if I would be in the first shipment. I ordered in early march.

My begging conversation:

Welcome to Live Chat at the ------- Customer Service Department. Please wait while we connect you to an agent who will be able to assist you...
You have been connected to -------.
Mark : Hi Can you tell me anything about my Canon 1DX order?
-------: Hello Mark. My name is -----, and I will be glad to assist you. Please give me a few moments to begin working on your inquiry.
-------: We are expecting a shipment by the end of this week, but orders are being filled in the order they are received
Mark: ok ... any chance I fall into that shipments count?
-------: I am sorry but we would not have that information.
Mark: ok ... one more question ... how long before spare 1DX batteries are available?
-------: Let me check.
-------: Are you referring to CALPE4N
Mark: ..... the battery for the 1DX (LP-E4)
-------: We do not have an ETA for this item
Thank you for contacting the ------ Customer Service Department.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
DrDeano said:
I don't doubt the reports others are getting. Just wish there could be a better way of getting information to people who have been waiting months for this thing. It looks like the two days it took to convince my wife to let me order the camera may end up adding a few more weeks to the wait.

It could be random luck of the rep you get, but I wonder if, "You should get one from this week's shipment," means just that, whereas, "We have no information on any 1D X shipments," means you're not getting one from this week's shipment.

Upvote 0
V

vinfung88

neuroanatomist said:

do you think we could gauge by ourself whether we will get it by next week through our order numbers? I ordered through the phone, and have an order number of 3801408xx. really hoping they can ship it by next week, i will be leaving the states on the 15th of July! :-\

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
It could be random luck of the rep you get, but I wonder if, "You should get one from this week's shipment," means just that, whereas, "We have no information on any 1D X shipments," means you're not getting one from this week's shipment.

That's what is so frustrating to me. I am sure it's based on luck of the rep draw. The one who told me he has no way to know when shipments go out is obviously giving me a line that contradicts the phone rep I talked to who said that information is confidential and cannot be given out.

In all honesty, I feel for B&H. If their policy is to not disclose this information, the policy should be in effect for anyone who calls, not based on "luck of the draw." If you think about it, by that rep telling you that your camera is shipping and your post on here probably flooded their reps with people asking about their order. This is not good for them. Keeping this information quiet ensures they don't get flooded with calls when the order happens to not ship because of delays from Japan or other problems that can occur down the logistics chain.

The really disappointing thing for me is how quiet Canon has been about this whole thing. To announce this camera in October 2011 and not ship until July is really bad. They must be covering up some REALLY embarrassing stuff to risk the bad vibes they are sending by being silent while their loyal customers wait.

P.S. In the last 4 years I have been a heavy consumer of camera and video related equipment, I have ONLY purchased from B&H. In my opinion, their customer service policy regarding returns and exchanges is unparalleled. Please don't take my comments above as a slight on B&H as a company, they are the only game in town as far as I'm concerned.

Upvote 0
Agreed. My preorder's with Adorama, and over the last few weeks they've repeatedly given me misleading and contradictory information about ETA and my position in the preorder queue. If you'd told me I'd have this problem with a well-known vendor -- on a major acquisition!-- I wouldn't have believed it. That type of behavior corrodes trust -- and business relationships. B&H just gained a customer.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.