Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
vinfung88 said:
Hey guys, I can confirm again that there is a high possibility that BH are receiving quite a lot of the 1DX in their first shipment. Just chatted with them over live chat, and I was told there is a high possibility for me to receive mine in the first shipment, so lets all wait impatiently! ;D
That is weird... All these inconsistent Live Chats...
My B&H representative was very clear that they don't have an ETA from Canon... I even asked about my place in the pre-order and he replied. We don't have an ETA... :-\

Upvote 0
well, my slim hopes of getting one before next week have been dashed; one place i have a pre-order received a "handful" and they went out to people before me on their list. another store received ONE, and that went to someone who paid for it in full back in 2011. and i'm #50 another stores list. god knows where i stand with b&h (i ordered on the first day, but not until that night).

i find it somewhat surprising, that a $7k camera, that has been delayed for some time now, with rumors of problems, hesitation about expect ions (we all have heard "i'll just get a 5diii for half the price"), is now so popular that many are getting shut out of the first allotments. for example, the with one store, i am #8 on their list. the owner sent out a very nice email stating how they wish they could give more info, but they just don't know when and how many they will be getting. that email was sent to 250 people. so that's how many pre-orders they have. i think that's a lot. and b&h probably has 10x that..

oh well, eventually everyone who wants one will get one, right???

-c

Upvote 0
pup73 said:
well, my slim hopes of getting one before next week have been dashed; one place i have a pre-order received a "handful" and they went out to people before me on their list. another store received ONE, and that went to someone who paid for it in full back in 2011. and i'm #50 another stores list. god knows where i stand with b&h (i ordered on the first day, but not until that night).

i find it somewhat surprising, that a $7k camera, that has been delayed for some time now, with rumors of problems, hesitation about expect ions (we all have heard "i'll just get a 5diii for half the price"), is now so popular that many are getting shut out of the first allotments. for example, the with one store, i am #8 on their list. the owner sent out a very nice email stating how they wish they could give more info, but they just don't know when and how many they will be getting. that email was sent to 250 people. so that's how many pre-orders they have. i think that's a lot. and b&h probably has 10x that..

oh well, eventually everyone who wants one will get one, right???

-c

It's also amazing how Canon announces this last year in October and then in July they don't have any.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.