Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjayadev -- I too am a CPS Gold member, and had that fact and the number added to my order. I was originally informed that that would make mine one of the first they shipped, and last week I was told they are *not* giving CPS priority. Could you please contact me offlist? I'd like a point of reference for when I have my conversation with Adorama's customer service department...

Upvote 0
A few weeks ago I called Adorama to inform them of my CPS gold status and they insisted it wouldn't give me a any preference. I pretty much had an argument with the rep but telling him to put in the info anyway. He said Canon directly informed them CPS status would not be a factor. I ordered mine last October, too and so far no ship notice.

Upvote 0
Chris Burch said:
A few weeks ago I called Adorama to inform them of my CPS gold status and they insisted it wouldn't give me a any preference. I pretty much had an argument with the rep but telling him to put in the info anyway. He said Canon directly informed them CPS status would not be a factor. I ordered mine last October, too and so far no ship notice.

Yep. B&H and Adorama do not have a CPS member policy. In other words, they don't care. It's first-come first-serve at their stores. That has been confirmed in discussions with them. With Canon and the Olympics, well that's different.

Upvote 0
When I called my local authorized dealer again yesterday, they said their computer shows an allotment of 30 1Dx's coming to their store, with the first shipment arriving by the end of next week. He did mention they don't expect more than a handful in the first shipment though, given their past history of what they were promised and what they got of the 5D3s and D800s.

Any advantages of buying at the local store, other than maybe getting better customer service/support, and supporting your local camera store and local economy? A high tax rate on nearly $7k adds up to a lot of money wasted, compared to purchasing it through other online retailers which charge no tax.

Upvote 0
N

n0iZe

Chewy734 said:
Any advantages of buying at the local store, other than maybe getting better customer service/support, and supporting your local camera store and local economy? A high tax rate on nearly $7k adds up to a lot of money wasted, compared to purchasing it through other online retailers which charge no tax.

Well, I can't tell you yet because I haven't received my Canon EOS 1D X yet (Switzerland!).
However, hearing that most of the early guys here placed their order on March 14th, I had to laugh hard. I pre-ordered mine in December - no kidding. After having a bit of a fight with them, because they said at first that they can't accept pre-orders yet. I insisted and they were like: Okay, if you pay us $1000 (actually it were Swiss Francs but since Swiss Francs and USD are almost the same atm, I'm using it to make your life easier) in advance, we'll give you priority. So I did it. About 5 weeks later I walked into the store again and saw that they now have a EOS 1D X promotion running - if you pre-order and pay more than $300, you get a second battery pack free of charge.

Also I know that in Switzerland (there is no BH or Adorama here!) the Etailers will not have stock for a long time - the real Canon Pro dealers will be the ones having all the priority. Since my local store is a Canon Pro dealer of the city, chances are fairly good that I soon get my hands on my 1D X. Waited long enough for it!
Although I do not know how they'll handle it in other countries, but my guess would be that Amazon will be the last one to be served. This is purely hypothetic, of course.

Regarding availability in Switzerland:
I asked them on the 6th of June the last time about the 1D X, they said that they'd receive their first batch within "the next weeks".
Sounds pretty vague to me - I'll call them tomorrow in the morning and see what they tell me.

Also, as soon as I get mine, I'll take a day off (if my boss doesn't cross that plan :( ) to shoot with it. Of course if you guys want me to, I'll share some of the shots made.

Upvote 0

nikkito

Argentine Photojournalist
n0iZe said:
Chewy734 said:

Well, I can't tell you yet because I haven't received my Canon EOS 1D X yet (Switzerland!).
However, hearing that most of the early guys here placed their order on March 14th, I had to laugh hard. I pre-ordered mine in December - no kidding. After having a bit of a fight with them, because they said at first that they can't accept pre-orders yet. I insisted and they were like: Okay, if you pay us $1000 (actually it were Swiss Francs but since Swiss Francs and USD are almost the same atm, I'm using it to make your life easier) in advance, we'll give you priority. So I did it. About 5 weeks later I walked into the store again and saw that they now have a EOS 1D X promotion running - if you pre-order and pay more than $300, you get a second battery pack free of charge.

Also I know that in Switzerland (there is no BH or Adorama here!) the Etailers will not have stock for a long time - the real Canon Pro dealers will be the ones having all the priority. Since my local store is a Canon Pro dealer of the city, chances are fairly good that I soon get my hands on my 1D X. Waited long enough for it!
Although I do not know how they'll handle it in other countries, but my guess would be that Amazon will be the last one to be served. This is purely hypothetic, of course.

I asked them on the 6th of June the last time about the 1D X, they said that they'd receive their first batch within "the next weeks".
Sounds pretty vague to me - I'll call them tomorrow in the morning and see what they tell me.

Also, as soon as I get mine, I'll take a day off (if my boss doesn't cross that plan :( ) to shoot with it. Of course if you guys want me to, I'll share some of the shots made.

Hoi! :)
Where did you order you camera? I have ordered and payed mine in Profot but since that was in march I'm guessing I'll hav to wait until 2013, ha!

Upvote 0
V

vinfung88

mmoon said:
vinfung88 said:
mmoon said:
My order - #10207653** on 06/13/12
Interestingly, how many to me still to wait for sending?

Im still waiting for BH, mine is a phone order. They told me that I will be in the shipment on friday=D
Oh. I hope too I will be the lucky. I sent e-mail and wait answer from B&H.

good luck!

Upvote 0
N

n0iZe

nikkito said:
n0iZe said:
Chewy734 said:

Hoi! :)
Where did you order you camera? I have ordered and payed mine in Profot but since that was in march I'm guessing I'll hav to wait until 2013, ha!

Salli! :)

I ordered my camera at Foto Marlin. Since Profot is your CPS dealer in your Kanton (right?), I think you'll get yours pretty early as well. However, March is a bit late, but I don't know how it is with pre-orders in your Kanton. Depends on how many people want one and how many Canon decides to ship.

For myself: I just talked to one of the salespeople at the shop where I pre-ordered. However he told me that he doesn't already have a date for the camera and he'll come back to me either this or next week once he knows a delivery date.
At least it's something. However I do really hope that my 1D X (ordered on the twentieth of December, by the way) will come soon.

I'll keep you updated.

Upvote 0
Looks like B&H is filling orders from 3/14 pretty quickly. I would be interested to know if anyone that ordered on 3/14 has NOT received either positive updates on their order. IE. "Your order should ship out soon" or a tracking number. After reading this thread, I get the feeling that orders that were placed on the morning of 3/14 are being filled.

Has anyone that ordered on 3/15 received this information?

Upvote 0
DrDeano said:
Looks like B&H is filling orders from 3/14 pretty quickly. I would be interested to know if anyone that ordered on 3/14 has NOT received either positive updates on their order. IE. "Your order should ship out soon" or a tracking number. After reading this thread, I get the feeling that orders that were placed on the morning of 3/14 are being filled.

Has anyone that ordered on 3/15 received this information?

i posted earlier in this thread that i was told by b&h that my order WILL NOT be fulfilled with this first allocation. i placed my order 3/14, in the evening EST

-c

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.