Canon EOS-1D X Availability in North America

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mmoon

"Hello Mxxx, my name is xxxx

Unfortunately at this time we do not have an estimated ship date for your order. Although we have received a few shipments, it is being released in limited quantities by Canon. All pre orders are filled in the same order that we received them. Please be assured that your order is important to us and will be shipped as we continue to receive stock.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding."

I am very afflicted. Again painful expectation. It was necessary to order in Singapore or Hong Kong. :( Not in B&H

Upvote 0
Great info guys, thanks!

Maybe moving forward when people post about the status of their order (positive or negative) they could put the date and time they placed the order.

Anyone have earlier than the 3/14 3pm EST Eric S. Klein negative response?

Should I start a new thread to track B&H shipments this way?

I know it will help give some of us some mental relief to at least get a sense of where we stand on our order. This wait has been painful.

EDIT: I have started a new thread for B&H customers to track the status of their orders

Upvote 0
B

bughunter

mmoon said:
"Hello Mxxx, my name is xxxx

Unfortunately at this time we do not have an estimated ship date for your order. Although we have received a few shipments, it is being released in limited quantities by Canon. All pre orders are filled in the same order that we received them. Please be assured that your order is important to us and will be shipped as we continue to receive stock.

We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding."

I am very afflicted. Again painful expectation. It was necessary to order in Singapore or Hong Kong. :( Not in B&H

Fyi....My chat with BandH an our ago was totally different. Contrary to several who have received shipping notifications from Band H, he stated they have yet to even receive any shipments of the 1dx as yet but do expect them today or tomorrow. He wasn't able to tell me if mine would be shipped in this one or not. I pre-ordered 3/16 and do not expect it to ship anytime soon. It's a crap shoot with who you talk to, how much info they know or possibly care to divulge.
I need medication or a good psych, I've never been so anxious over anything in my life. I'm not a pro but I am lucky enough to be able to afford one - I turned 50, life is short...I want the best camera canon has for my intended use - fast action, high ISO, low light. Sports and live concerts....Perfect for me! Good luck to all!

Upvote 0
DrDeano said:
Looks like B&H is filling orders from 3/14 pretty quickly. I would be interested to know if anyone that ordered on 3/14 has NOT received either positive updates on their order. IE. "Your order should ship out soon" or a tracking number. After reading this thread, I get the feeling that orders that were placed on the morning of 3/14 are being filled.

Has anyone that ordered on 3/15 received this information?
I also ordered the evening of the 14th and have been told that I won't make it out of the first shipment, and maybe not the next. :(

Upvote 0

Crapking

"Whatever you are....be a good one." AL
Nov 9, 2011
jjlabella.photoshelter.com
koolkurkle said:
Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

Has the shipping info been updated?
On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else. Is it actually en route?

Upvote 0

Crapking

Nov 9, 2011
Crapking said:
koolkurkle said:
Just got an email from B&H, my 1DX web order 10198871xx (3/14/12 ~2:30pm eastern) has shipped

On 7/4 my info said shipped, but the tracking info only has the Origin scan and nothing else. Is it actually en route?

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery. Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later. I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9. Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....

Upvote 0
Crapking said:
Crapking said:
koolkurkle said:

Adorama shipped mine and they shipped ground. I have to wait until 11th ....that hurts. But I am elated that I will have mine soon.

UPDATE 7/7 AM:
MY order was in fact picked up from B/H by UPS on 7/4, but they were 'closed' for the holiday so not actually processed until 7/5, and it is now officially en route (Philadelphia) for a Pittsburgh delivery. Somewhat frustrating that I paid for NEXT Day air and it won't come for 5 days later. I didn't pay for next 'business' day, and if I did, that should still have been 7/6 not 7/9. Anyways, what's 5 days when we have been waiting 7 months since announcement....

Upvote 0
Crapking said:
Crapking said:
koolkurkle said:

UPDATE 7/7 AM:

Order 1019920xxx so who know when I will get mine.... Hopefully before I spen the money on something else....

Upvote 0
K

koolkurkle

Quote from: Crapking on Today at 09:28:48 AM

Quote from: koolkurkle on July 04, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

UPDATE 7/7 AM:

This is the same thing that happened to me. I get an email saying my order 10198871xx "has shipped", but since it was a holiday, not until the next day. It will arrive Monday.

Upvote 0
S

sephknite

koolkurkle said:
Quote from: Crapking on Today at 09:28:48 AM

Quote from: koolkurkle on July 04, 2012, 05:09:11 PM

UPDATE 7/7 AM:

This is the same thing that happened to me. I get an email saying my order 10198871xx "has shipped", but since it was a holiday, not until the next day. It will arrive Monday.

Well, at least you folks have yours on the way into your hands. I'm still in the dark and have heard nothing from Amazon and Crutchfield. I pre-ordered from both locations and see which ships first so I can cancel the other. ;D

Upvote 0
Chris Burch said:
A few weeks ago I called Adorama to inform them of my CPS gold status and they insisted it wouldn't give me a any preference. I pretty much had an argument with the rep but telling him to put in the info anyway. He said Canon directly informed them CPS status would not be a factor. I ordered mine last October, too and so far no ship notice.

It isn't an Adorama decision as to whether or not to give CPS members priority shipping; it is a Canon decision. We can certainly add to any customer profile that he/she is a CPS member, but for this release, Canon, as I said, is not allocating units specifically for these customers.

I'm really sorry; you would need to contact Canon themselves to challenge this. (Not that I would expect it to change their policy on this occasion, but it might be worth registering your feelings with them)

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Upvote 0
N

n0iZe

Helen Oster said:
Chris Burch said:
A few weeks ago I called Adorama to inform them of my CPS gold status and they insisted it wouldn't give me a any preference. I pretty much had an argument with the rep but telling him to put in the info anyway. He said Canon directly informed them CPS status would not be a factor. I ordered mine last October, too and so far no ship notice.

It isn't an Adorama decision as to whether or not to give CPS members priority shipping; it is a Canon decision. We can certainly add to any customer profile that he/she is a CPS member, but for this release, Canon, as I said, is not allocating units specifically for these customers.

I'm really sorry; you would need to contact Canon themselves to challenge this. (Not that I would expect it to change their policy on this occasion, but it might be worth registering your feelings with them)

Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
[email protected]

Wow, now even Adorama is in CR threads, I'm glad you guys care that much about peoples opinion about you.

Regarding the CPS decision: I think it's a good thing, otherwise CPS members who were too lazy or just too late to order early could've blocked other peoples cameras. I would've been pissed if I ordered from Adorama on the 14th and then some CPS guy would order in June and still get his camera before me... So Canon really has a point there.

About my camera:
I went to my store yesterday and asked again. He took a look at the list and told me the following: "Well, you're the first one on the list. As soon as shipment comes, you'll get yours and you'll be contacted by us.". When I inquired when the camera shipment should come he told me that he expects it in the next weeks. He said it could be that I get it next week, but it could just aswell be in two weeks. Or even three. However, I don't think it will take more than two weeks.
But we'll see. As long as I know I'm first on the list, I'm waiting quite happily :)

Upvote 0

Crapking

Nov 9, 2011
[/quote]

Wow, now even Adorama is in CR threads, I'm glad you guys care that much about peoples opinion about you.

Regarding the CPS decision: I think it's a good thing, otherwise CPS members who were too lazy or just too late to order early could've blocked other peoples cameras. I would've been pissed if I ordered from Adorama on the 14th and then some CPS guy would order in June and still get his camera before me... So Canon really has a pont there

[/quote]

REALLY?? No benefit for brand loyalty? What about airline frequent fliers. Ever get on the plane first or get upgraded to first class simply because you got to the airport first? Don't think so; platinum members, whether Canon or other programs, often get perks like that.

I find it surprising that the CPS program did NOT facilitate getting the 1Dx into the hands of their most loyal (? Lazy) supporters, who might be working when pre-sales begin.

NOW, if they announce WHEN the pre-sale will begin, with enough advance notice so everyone can sit at their computers at the same time, then I agree; but without such advance notice as to when pre-sales begin, working pros are at a disadvantage, and in that case loyalty should mean something.

Being a Platinum CPS member did not help me get my order in, in fact it was sheer luck (or some may say my obsessive-compulsive nature) that I checked the CR / B&H site when I did.

I'd much prefer Canon announce WHEN they will announce the pre-sale start dates! This way I can plan my golf /photography / work around my computer time ;)

Upvote 0
Eh - the 'last-minute prima-donna' argument is a good one, but I don't think it's unreasonable to move CPS orders to the front of the queue within given intervals-- perhaps 2 weeks or 30 days. If ordering 'officially' opened on March 1, my June order shouldn't beat yours out the door... but if your livelihood depends on your gear and you need one for a fixed-date event, your order should take precedence over my butterfly-chasing.

Upvote 0
jasium said:
Eh - the 'last-minute prima-donna' argument is a good one, but I don't think it's unreasonable to move CPS orders to the front of the queue within given intervals-- perhaps 2 weeks or 30 days. If ordering 'officially' opened on March 1, my June order shouldn't beat yours out the door... but if your livelihood depends on your gear and you need one for a fixed-date event, your order should take precedence over my butterfly-chasing.

What about the time period before the 1D X was announced (October 2011 and back to the beginning of the Earth)? Did everyone still need the 1D X (not in existance yet) for their fixed-date event? Nobody NEEDS the 1D X for a fixed-date event. Unless your gear was sold foolishly before you had 1D X in hand, why can't people just shoot as normal until they get it? I can never understand this.

Upvote 0
No idea. If I recall, this announce-long-before-release thing is uncommon for Canon. I wasn't in the market when the 1D3 and -4 came out - can anyone comment on the announce-release-stock timeline for those models?

That said, interval prioritization isn't obviously a terrible idea even for long preorder periods. You don't have to sell your existing kit to miss out on work because what you have is inadequate. My 20D is fine for studio and still-life, and workable for non-critical, well-lit sport, but you won't see me dipping toes in the wedding/reception or serious sports pools until I've learned the ins and outs of my 1DX.

Upvote 0
bdunbar79 said:
Unless your gear was sold foolishly before you had 1D X in hand, why can't people just shoot as normal until they get it? I can never understand this.

That's me, thought I'd get a good deal on my 1Ds Mark III (which I did) a little before release of the 1D X, being completely oblivious to Canon's 1D announcment/delivery discrepancies...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.