Canon EOS 5D Mark III Raw Video-Processed in Lightroom 5 Beta

Just a bunch of test footage that I shot to try out Magic Lantern's 5D Mark III Raw Output hack. Only was able to shoot a few seconds of video at a time before having frame drops because I don't own a fast enough CF card currently. All RAW files processed in Adobe Lightroom 5 Beta, video footage put together in Sony Vegas Pro 10.

Lenses used: Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM, Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM, Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L USM.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III RAW Video Test

rambarra said:
nice. would mind to share the process you used in lightroom? Did you use lightroom for the color grading as well?
No not at all. All I did was white balance, increase contrast, raised the blacks and shadows, lower the highlights.. nothing too fancy. Trying to get the high dynamic range look. Thanks for watching. :)

Upvote 0
Eric05 said:
Nice!
according to you, is the quality far better from a normal Canon 5D Mark III video file?
and in LR5 you were able to process the RAW Video file, right, no conversion?

Thank you for yours answers!

Eric

You can really pull a lot of details from the shadows from the shadows and blacks with the RAW video files. To edit the files in LR5, I used a RAW to DNG converter (found here: http://www.magiclantern.fm/forum/index.php?topic=5404.0), imported the DNG files into LR5, batched processed all the frames, and then exported them all to JPEG. I used Sony Vegas Pro 10 to playback all the frames at 24FPS.

Upvote 0