Canon EOS 60D Pictures?

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

hoktar

unruled said:
playing devils advocate here: some of you may remember the 350d that fell from a skydivers helmet and survived the drop

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/845602

Nice story but you gotta keep in mind that falling objects never reach a greater speed than about 200km/h. No matter how long or from how high they fall, it doesn't make a difference it it fell from 100m or 10km.

Though it's impressive that is survived a fall at this speed.

Upvote 0
hoktar said:
unruled said:
playing devils advocate here: some of you may remember the 350d that fell from a skydivers helmet and survived the drop

Nice story but you gotta keep in mind that falling objects never reach a greater speed than about 200km/h. No matter how long or from how high they fall, it doesn't make a difference it it fell from 100m or 10km.

Well, I think it's quite impressive that a 350D survives a crash with a speed of 200 km/h. I don't care if it fell from 100m or 10km.

Upvote 0
U

unruled

Jan said:
hoktar said:
unruled said:

Well, I think it's quite impressive that a 350D survives a crash with a speed of 200 km/h. I don't care if it fell from 100m or 10km.
exactly. the fact that it survived a drop of even more than 10 meters high is pretty nice.

Upvote 0
H

hoktar

Actually I don't really like te design at all. In fact I hate it, it looks like a toy. Look at those huge gaps between the parts, wtf?
And these round shapes, man I don't like it at all. It looks like just temporarily put together. No smooth lines, just some plastic piece sticked together to shape a DSLR.
Look at the back, why the hell does the screen have to stick out? Seriously? That's just plain ugly. And the curved shape around the cornered screen, wtf? Who designed that camera, did that guy have any clue of design at all? Why doesn't the camera have a smooth back like the 7D has?

Am I the only one who finds it ugly as hell?
I din't think I would ever find e camera ugly, but this one sure is. Glad I waited for it for 2 years now :/

Yea of course, who cares about the design, it's about the photos it shoots, but still, I'd like to have a nice camera too.....

Upvote 0
hoktar said:
I don't know. I prefer to wait until I've seen the camera in reality. For me it's the technology that counts. If it's very well usable I don't care if it's ugly or not.

hoktar said:
Yea of course, who cares about the design, it's about the photos it shoots, but still, I'd like to have a nice camera too.....
You care. ;) Unfortunately, Apple didn't come out with a DSLR so far...

Upvote 0
S

Sebastian

Jan said:
hoktar said:

Not "unfortunately" but "luckily".
I for one definitely don't want to have a D-SLR that is glossy white, can only be operated by touchscreen, only allows the user to take pictures of what Steve Jobs likes and delivers image files that can only be read by Apple software... ::)

Regards,

Sebastian

Upvote 0
Sebastian said:
Jan said:
hoktar said:

Not "unfortunately" but "luckily".
I for one definitely don't want to have a D-SLR that is glossy white, can only be operated by touchscreen, only allows the user to take pictures of what Steve Jobs likes and delivers image files that can only be read by Apple software... ::)

Regards,

Sebastian

You forgot the engraved and illuminated apple in the lens. ;)

Upvote 0
hoktar said:
Actually I don't really like te design at all. In fact I hate it, it looks like a toy. Look at those huge gaps between the parts, wtf?
And these round shapes, man I don't like it at all. It looks like just temporarily put together. No smooth lines, just some plastic piece sticked together to shape a DSLR.
Look at the back, why the hell does the screen have to stick out? Seriously? That's just plain ugly. And the curved shape around the cornered screen, wtf? Who designed that camera, did that guy have any clue of design at all? Why doesn't the camera have a smooth back like the 7D has?

I din't think I would ever find e camera ugly, but this one sure is. Glad I waited for it for 2 years now :/

honestly, I think it's better looking than the 50D it's replacing. I can see the slight bowing-effect on the profile lines not to everyone's taste, but the 50D was pretty rigidly blocky and the 60D shares a lot of family resemblance with the 7D and 550D, neither of which I'd consider ugly. have you seen what nikons and sonys look like?

I see what you mean about the awkward hinge joint for the LCD screen ... probably a compromise between the fluid lines and ensuring the hinge was strong enough. designing something that has not only aesthetic but technical requirements is pretty challenging due the the extremely varied set of demands that are layered upon each other.

as much as people like to point to apple as a paragon of technical and aesthetic integration, apple screws it up too sometimes ... don't tell me none of you encountered the grounded-antennae problem on the iPhone 4. it's not as easy as it looks, and the fact that people think it's easy at all is a testament to the skills of the people in product design

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.