Canon EOS M50 Mark II information leaks out ahead of the official announcement

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
It looks like my previous specifications rumor for the EOS M50 Mark II turned out to be incorrect, let’s hope those specifications are for the second rumored EOS M system camera coming at a later date.
Below is some Google Translated information from Canon marketing material about the upcoming Canon EOS M50 Mark II.
Canon EOS M50 Mark II Information (Google Translated):
Despite being an entry model, it is possible to shoot high-quality still images and videos.

Equipped with a video engine DIGIC 8 and APS-C size, a CMOS sensor with approximately 24.1 million pixels, you can easily enjoy shooting high-quality still images and movies.
Achieves high-definition 4K video recording. Equipped with a “4K frame cutout” function that saves any one frame as a JPEG image of approximately 8.3 million pixels (3840 x 2160).
Equipped with a “digital lens optimizer” that corrects lens aberrations, etc...

Continue reading...

bbasiaga

Canon Shooter
Nov 15, 2011
USA
So is the 4k still cropped? It does not say that. That would be a big upgrade for some folks.

Better AF, tracking, better AF in video. Seems like a reasonable upgrade for a MKII. May perform like the R6s little brother?

This spec list also makes more sense for the price point we think this should land at.

-Brian

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019
This makes more sense.

It does mean Canon won't sell me another M50, but that is actually not unexpected; from what I've seen a lot of people skip every other mark number, and I guess I'm going to turn out to be one of them. The old M50 is basically a backup/second to my M6-II anyway; if it was my primary APS-C camera then my attitude might be a bit different.

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0