Canon EOS R3 to have a 30mp sensor? [CR1]

GoldWing

Canon EOS 1DXMKII
Oct 19, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
en.wikipedia.org
Only if you’re a purely linear thinker in a one-dimensional reality.
When we do studio work for Sports and Swimwear Fashion we're shooting at 100mp. And you can clearly see the difference. It is substantial and detailed beyond any 20mp camera. Getting a sports photographer to beleive that he does not want or need more resolution, when they want it, is almost insulting. The R1 will allow users to govern fps in context of file size. For those who don't want the additional resolution, they can by a 20mp camera but why prohibit a professional sports photographer from being able to use their equipment for multiple purposes if you're willing to pay for the tool? Technology is such that this is a reality. The only factor here is lag and bloom even at 240 in an EVF there is lag. There are also issues with direct sun. Canon has not to date, stated or listed patents that reflect these EVF vs OVF optimization. 85mp at 15fps is not the issue

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
What makes me laugh is Canon are not, despite many peoples opinions, idiots. Even up until the 1DX III they were pretty sure the pro sports market, which for us is an indeterminate size, was pretty happy with the 20mp sensor.

For all the faux outrage lets not forget the Nikon D6 is 21mp and the Sony A9 II is 24mp. Canon have said quite clearly they made the 1DX III 20mp after speaking with their target market.

Upvote 0
Jan 29, 2011
I've done plenty of pro studio sports shoots with 20mp. The images have been turned into banners and reproduced at all kinds of sizes with no issue at all. Now I know I am not everybody, and I am not saying because I don't have a need for it nobody should, but I'd like to see the uses for 100mp studio sports images where the increased resolution is actually adding to anything other than the file size and a few behind the scenes peoples egos.

1625764078944.png

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
I've done plenty of pro studio sports shoots with 20mp. The images have been turned into banners and reproduced at all kinds of sizes with no issue at all. Now I know I am not everybody, and I am not saying because I don't have a need for it nobody should, but I'd like to see the uses for 100mp studio sports images where the increased resolution is actually adding to anything other than the file size and a few behind the scenes peoples egos.
I heard that the number of eyelashes an athlete has is an important predictor of performance. Maybe that's why 100 MP is necessary.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
I heard that the number of eyelashes an athlete has is an important predictor of performance. Maybe that's why 100 MP is necessary.
Actually, at that distance with a good lens I bet FF 20mp isn’t far off resolving the eyelashes.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012

View attachment 198838
Wow....cool image there PBD!!

Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England

View attachment 198838
That’s a great shot Private, but in all honesty I prefer Martin Elliott’s ;)
(God rest his soul poor guy).

• Haha
Upvote 0