Canon EOS RS Specifications? [CR1]

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Posting this specification list actually kept up last night (silly right?), as I find some of it too good to be true, but as a few of you mentioned on Twitter, this is a rumors site, not a facts site.
I received this information from two unrelated people, one of which I have had interaction with in the past, and I actually trust neither of them is trolling me in any way. Some of their specifications are slightly different, but they’re still very close.
One of the sources did mention that the camera may be called the EOS R5, and not the EOS RS, as the model name “was hard to see”.
The video specifications only came from one source, and they are insane. These are what really caused me to pause, but hopefully, this post brings some clarification.
Canon EOS RS Specifications:

45mp (One source said 40mp)
IBIS

5 stops with IBIS alone
7-8 stops of correction when used with in-lens stabilization

14fps / 20fps (One source said 12fps / 20fps)
Scroll wheel added to the back
No...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

Del Paso

M3 Singlestroke
CR Pro
Aug 9, 2018
for every spec level there's a corresponding price level
I don't care!
If the specs are real (CR 1 ! ), I'll have to buy it.
Oops, need to start a hunger strike to raise the money...I said it before, 2020 will be an expensive year for me and many more, I presume!
Anyway, it looks like Canon is listening to customers and reacting to criticism.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
Interesting that this suggests the resolution doesn't even match the 5DS. So perhaps this means that Canon doesn't consider this to be a successor to the 5DS, but rather its own thing entirely? These specs seem more like a 5DIV successor than anything, but as has been said in other threads, it's very possible Canon is not adhering to the same niches of camera lines as they have in the past.

Anyway, give me high ISO performance that meets, or hopefully exceeds, the performance of the 5D4 and EOS R at this higher resolution, and I'm happy.

Reactions: 6 users
Upvote 0
Nov 12, 2016
I don't know feels like they mixed up the specs of the new EOS R with a new Cinema camera with RF mount maybe? Or probably just made up specs i mean Olympus said more than 6.5 stops of stabilization is impossible while the first Canon body with ibis has 8 stops?
We've waited so long for IBIS that when it finally gets here, I expect to be able to do hand-held astrophotography with it. :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 7 users
Upvote 0

Ozarker

Love, joy, and peace to all of good will.
CR Pro
Jan 28, 2015
The Ozarks
I sure am glad I don't need that FPS speed, but 40mp would be nice to have.

Now for the question: When adapting old film lenses is there a point where the high mpix becomes a problem? I guess I am asking whether or not a camera can be too much horsepower for a lens; exaggerating aberrations, etc?

Reactions: 3 users
Upvote 0
Feb 22, 2019
I think the 8k at 30fps RAW and 4K at 120fps means that these specifications are fantasy and made up. The processing power for 8K RAW would be so much above anything else on the market in processing power. I'm very doubtful that such technology exists or will exist for some considerable time - especially to put it in a normal mirrorless body. The 7-8 stops of IS with IBIS and lens IS also seems in the realm of fantasy.

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0
I sure am glad I don't need that FPS speed, but 40mp would be nice to have.

Now for the question: When adapting old film lenses is there a point where the high mpix becomes a problem? I guess I am asking whether or not a camera can be too much horsepower for a lens; exaggerating aberrations, etc?

If you zoom at 100% you will see more aberrations with a denser sensor, but if you print the images at the same size the high mpx sensor will always be sharper than a low res one using the same lens

Reactions: 8 users
Upvote 0