Canon instant rebates coming to EOS R cameras and lenses in September

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I have been told to expect an instant rebate program on EOS R and RF glass starting in September in both Canada and the United States. I do not know what other countries will have these programs, but I imagine this is going to be a very aggressive Christmas shopping season for many consumer product industries.
The backlog of lens orders should be sorted out by the end of August I have been told by a few retailers, though predicting demand is still a bit precarious.
The rebates won’t be huge, but I do expect to see both the EOS R6 and EOS R5 to be included in these rebate programs.

Continue reading...

Anyone got an open couch? When I buy the R5, my wife will probably kick me out.

-Brian
Tell her you need to get a motorcycle or a porsche to counter your midlife crisis and let her bargain you down to an R5 with a 24-70/2.8, a 15-35/2.8 and a 70-200/2.8. worked for me. (y)

• Haha
Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0

davidcl0nel

Canon R5, 17 TSE, RF35+85 IS, RF70-200 4 IS, EF135
Jan 11, 2014
Berlin
www.flickr.com
It started this month in Israel, under the wings of Canon Europe. I think this is the first time Canon offers instant rebates in Israel. Rebates go as high as $250 for an R5 with EF to RF adapter (plain one), and $150 for the RF 24-70mm f/2.8 IS USM.
Yes but "WITH". Thats like Germany.
You have to buy a camera for this. And I think "only" 3 lenses for one year or so.

Years ago that was without this constraint. Some (many) lenses had this rebate.

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2014
Yes but "WITH". Thats like Germany.
You have to buy a camera for this. And I think "only" 3 lenses for one year or so.

Years ago that was without this constraint. Some (many) lenses had this rebate.
The promotion is by Canon Austria. My understanding is a rebate is valid for a lens bought without a camera, but the text smells like it was machine translated, so I might be wrong.

Upvote 0