Canon is losing to SONY again :-( Another set of SONY MF CMOS sensors out now.

Diko

7 fps...
Apr 27, 2011
Sofia, Bulgaria
SONY makes another few MF CMOS sensors. Now they even have developed 150 megapixel for use NOW. Not some distant "maybe" future application.

Canon had 250 megapixel that it turned it into Dual Pixel tech and industry related usage.
SONY on the other hand have a few Medium Format CMOS sensors that it sells to everyone... Canon seems to think that MF is too expensive in order for them to make CANON-huge profits and they don't bother manufacturing.

And all they need is to create 5 lenses for it. Nothing more. But why? No real profit, nothing. Canon, do your in-house thing. Do not sale outside, do not produce on margins. And take all of our money - we will eventually stop paying you.

With Canon everything seems a year or two (at least) older and at least a one third time and more expensive.

Oh and did I mentioned the SONY 360 sensor?

scottkinfw

Wildlife photography is my passion
CR Pro
Diko said:
SONY makes another few MF CMOS sensors. Now they even have developed 150 megapixel for use NOW. Not some distant "maybe" future application.

Canon had 250 megapixel that it turned it into Dual Pixel tech and industry related usage.
SONY on the other hand have a few Medium Format CMOS sensors that it sells to everyone... Canon seems to think that MF is too expensive in order for them to make CANON-huge profits and they don't bother manufacturing.

And all they need is to create 5 lenses for it. Nothing more. But why? No real profit, nothing. Canon, do your in-house thing. Do not sale outside, do not produce on margins. And take all of our money - we will eventually stop paying you.

With Canon everything seems a year or two (at least) older and at least a one third time and more expensive.

Oh and did I mentioned the SONY 360 sensor?

I see no need for this except as a niche project, therefore I see nothing loss.

Canon needs to keep doing what they do best- continue to make excellent quality dependable gear and innovate in meaningful ways that are responsive to its customers.

I don’t understand why you seem so distraught over a sensor announcement. Has any manufacturer announced a body to use it? Do you need it?

Time to take a cleansing breath and chill.

Scott

Upvote 0