Canon Lens Mug - Giveaway

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LeGrandLife

I would love to see these standard on my next dslr:
- built-in white balance lens cap with a lens keeper so I don't lose it
- selectable evf grids - rule-of-thirds, 8x10 crop, etc. (without having to open up camera to swap them out)
- built-in teleconverter (so it's always there when I need it) or at least a 1.4x included in the box :)
- a comfortable strap

Upvote 0
A pop-up ducky to make kids smile for the shot. ;D

A front facing squirt gun that also has a 100 to 1 chance of firing back at the shooter. ;D

Built in Muzak player. ;D

16 lens attachments in complete spherical arrangement surrounding the body, with 3 axis spinning "death blossom mode" 8)

Power burst flash with 5 trillion sun power to fry subject "ala final scene in "Coneheads" ;D

The ability to actually attach the Canon Lens Mug to the camera for epic coffee shots. ;D

Since these are all awesome, do I win 6 mugs? ???

-burk

Upvote 0
F

fotoadam

First some practicals:

1) GPS built-in for GEO tagging
2) WiFi built in for syncing with mobile devices and posting on web sites
3) flash sync transmitter built in to camera body
4) 5 Stops for auto bracketing

Now for something completely different:

5) X-Ray Vision
6) infrared on/off switch
7) turn on an audio for when you snap a photo it make an animal noise, as to not alert the wilderness to you presence.

Upvote 0
If Canon could just manage to get the flash pen from Men in Black built into the pop up flash we could just wipe the memory of our subject so they had no idea we put them in a really stupid pose that didn't turn work.

Yeah, either that or a Time Continuum Controller. With that we would need high ISO performance anymore would we? We could just freeze time and select whatever shutter speed we needed. From Canon: "The 5D Mark III will feature a broad ISO range of 100 to 100! But we have a Time Controller!"

Yeah, I'd buy that.

Upvote 0
• Built-in extension tube so all lenses have more macro capabilities.
Image sensor, and AF sensor automatically move 12mm further from the mirror assembly when activated

• Wireless tethering via WPA2-encrypted 802.11n Wi-Fi

• Replacable VF's and focusing screens (make your Rebel brighter with a pentaprism, or waist-level finder, 45° finder, whatever) - this option existed years ago on many film bodies, but is non-existent for digital cameras outside of Hasselblad

• EF 0.625x converter for APS-C cameras (keep the original angle of view of EF lenses on crop sensors and gain 1-1.33 stops of light)

Upvote 0
D

Dennis

Sorry, not a fun suggestion (well, depends on your idea of fun, I guess), completely serious - something I've been hoping for since the 5DMkII:
I would love to see variable frame rates for video.
E.g., ranging from 12fps to at least 60, but up to 120fps would be even better.
For over- and under-cranking effects.
(slow and fast motion)

I'd much rather have this be a reality than win a lens mug. :D

Upvote 0
Auto upgrade button: Pressing button automatically upgrades your Canon camera to the latest model release. Alternately by use of a menu selectable feature you can change button function to upgrade to your favorite fantasy version of camera from Canon Rumors. (Think of all the griping about release dates we would be spared if this feature existed.)

Upvote 0
[list type=decimal]
[*]Choice of different sensors, in particular with/without anti-aliasing filter and with/without Bayer-color-filter
[*]Automatic calibration of the phase-detect auto-focus using the always-calibrated contrast-detect auto-focus
[*]Remote control via bluetooth from smartphone with remote live-view and integration with phone's video conferencing software
[*]Built-in flexible exposure ("initial delay x, then make y shots every z seconds for u hours") and get rid of ridiculous 30sec exposure limit when not in B mode
[*]Three easily accessible turn-dials instead of just one or two, one for exposure time, one for aperture, and one for iso
[*]USB master port to directly attach hard-disks, and while we are at it: behave like standard USB mass-storage device on the slave port
[*]Flexible flash-synchronisation, free choice of when to signal the flash and for how long in relationship to the exposure time interval
[*]Modular firmware with open specifications and possibility for user-community to write new software extensions for the camera
[*]Camera LCD with same RGB sub-pixel arrangement as the Bayer-filter to allow for sub-pixel-perfect 100% view of image
[/list]

Upvote 0
P

PXL_Pusher

Well, a new SLR feature could be to switch on a color balance/adjustment system, similar to white balance but with the addition of RGB controls for each channel. I imagine the interface having slider bars per color channel accessed through the menu system, and the results would be similar to the "Hipstamatic" application, but with full manual control of course, and not tying down the photographer to any presets.

I imagine this would be a feature mainly for fun, and thus would be introduced in a xxxD or xxD body. Also a side note to my idea, this would not be destroying the IQ like a holga lens/camera, simply provide a way to control color manipulation that is not done in post processing....

For those not familiar with "Hipstamatic" or any similar apps, it takes digital photos on a smartphone and renders something that looks like it's been processed on old damaged film. Results would be similar to these but with much better resolution due to the capabilites of the lens used and DSLR body attached. The following photos are not my own, simply linked off the photojojo forums.

resized_img4e13dfce2ee59.jpg

resized_img4e13dfcab0053.jpg

resized_img4e13dfd4d335b.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.