Canon Patent: New Rear Screen Concept for DSLRs

FramerMCB

Canon 40D & 7D
CR Pro
Sep 9, 2014
Lenscracker said:
I have been with Canon since the original F1N. I have begun to defect a little at a time over the last few years because I am tired of waiting for them to catch up with consumer desires and current technology. It is my opinion that when and if this new screen technology is ever implemented it will have absolutely nothing to do with what the consumer wants. Their line of lenses keep us tied to their line of cameras and they know it. Advances in their camera technology seems to embrace the idea that we will take whatever they decide to give us and we will like it.

It's not solely their lenses/lens-lineup. It's their ergonomics, how they render colors, printing systems, Service, etc. etc.

However, it would be nice if they would come out with a FF and APS-C (or H) that has in-body stabilisation, more DR, etc. etc. Pixel shift tech...

The bottom line is this though, for any of us, can we take the pictures we need/want to take for our business/clientele and/or hobbies? What system will best enable us to capture our vision - in the most effective, efficient, easiest/enjoyable, and repeatable fashion? And a similar question - that we each must answer when deciding on equipment/gear - is what is the bulk of my shooting entail? What are those needs in particular? Because the outlier situations, one can rent equipment for...

Upvote 0