Canon PowerShot N100 Official

Canon Rumors Guy

EOS-1D X Mark III
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
9,013
1,749
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/01/canon-powershot-n100-official/"></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/2014/01/canon-powershot-n100-official/">Tweet</a></div>
<p>Canon will announce the PowerShot N100 for CES in Las Vegas, Nevada this week.</p>
<div id="featurebullets_feature_div" data-feature-name="featurebullets">
<div id="feature-bullets">
<ul>
<li>12.1 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 6 Image Processor creates the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps provide excellent low-light performance.</li>
<li>5x Optical Zoom, bright f/1.8 and 24mm Wide-Angle lens with Optical Image Stabilizer for excellent image quality.</li>
<li>Dual Capture uses a rear-facing secondary camera to capture your expression while shooting and then creates a picture-in-picture effect.</li>
<li>Story Highlights automatically selects and compiles images into an exciting highlight reel within the camera without the use of software.</li>
<li>The convenient Mobile Device Connect Button allows you to connect to your compatible Android(TM) or iOS® device* for quick and easy sharing.</li>
<li>Available May, 2014</li>
</ul>
<p>Full press release after the break</p>
<p><!--more--></p>
<p id="TWP23">MELVILLE, N.Y., January 6, 2014 – Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, today announced the addition of a new concept camera to its PowerShot lineup: the PowerShot N100 digital camera. Featuring a new body style and unique, new creative options, the PowerShot N100 camera helps users create and tell their visual stories by allowing the photographer to become part of the image being captured. With the innovative and new Dual Capture mode, users can simultaneously capture special moments using the Main Camera, while the Story Camera, a rear facing sub-camera, will embed a picture of them onto the main image.</p>
<p id="TWP24">To help people create unique images that tell a story, the PowerShot N100 camera offers the new Story Highlights mode. Story Highlights mode intuitively creates a highlight reel of images and video* to create a customized movie that tells a story as seen through the photographer’s eyes – all done within the camera. No longer will a photographer need to use additional software to assemble this footage.</p>
<p id="TWP25">“Canon is continually working to discover new ways for end-users to combine high-image quality and creativity in a technologically advanced compact camera,” said Yuichi Ishizuka, executive vice president and general manager, Imaging Technologies & Communications Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. “The new PowerShot N100 is a unique digital camera designed to not only create high-quality images and video, but also capture the feelings of the photographer at the moment they take a picture.”</p>
<p id="TWP26"><strong>Become Part of the Story</strong></p>
<p id="TWP27">Remembering a child’s first birthday and the parents’ excitement during that memorable moment can now be captured with the innovative Dual Capture mode featured in the PowerShot N100 digital camera. Easy to access and use, Dual Capture mode creates a picture-in-picture effect by simultaneously capturing the subject in the framed shot while the Story Camera, a rear-facing sub-camera, takes an image or video of the photographer as they take the picture. The PowerShot N100 camera then combines both shots into one distinctive photo or video combination. The images captured using the Story Camera can be placed in four different locations on the main image and in three different sizes at the photographer’s discretion.</p>
<p id="TWP28"><strong>Capture Your Story</strong></p>
<p id="TWP29">To help create even more share-worthy memories, the PowerShot N100 digital camera features an artistic mode to help users creatively capture images and movies. Story Highlights mode works within the camera to create a highlight reel of selected images or movie digest clips creating a unique imaging experience. The images can be selected automatically based on events, the date they were taken, by people utilizing Face ID, or the selection can be customized based on photos hand-picked by the user. As a result, the moments that are most precious to the user are intuitively combined, allowing for complete highlights of the images taken from a friend’s wedding day or a child’s first ride on a new bicycle. The final created movie will last approximately two minutes from the automatically selected pictures and videos, or if the files were selected by the photographer, it will last a maximum of five minutes.</p>
<p id="TWP30"><strong>Share Your Story</strong></p>
<p id="TWP31">With enhanced Wi-Fi® capabilities, the creative images taken with the PowerShot N100 camera can be shared with friends and family even while on-the-go. Using the Mobile Device Connect Button, users can connect to a compatible smartphone, a compatible tablet or a computer. Connection to the computer is easily done using Canon’s Image Sync1 through the cloud. For the first time in Canon’s line up, the PowerShot N100 camera has the convenient connectivity of Near Field Communication (NFC™) offered on Android™ devices. After an initial one-time set up, with NFC, users simply press the Mobile Device Connect Button and tap their NFC enabled Android2 device to the PowerShot N100 camera which automatically launches the Canon Camera Window App3 so users can share images from the camera to the phone with ease.</p>
<p id="TWP32"><strong>Enhance Your Images</strong></p>
<p id="TWP33">The Creative Shot mode on the PowerShot N100 camera includes four new filter categories to bring an enhanced artistic touch to photos. The filter categories are: Retro, Monochrome, Special and Natural. In Creative Shot mode, users compose their image and let the PowerShot N100 camera analyze the photo to apply one of a series of artistic elements of varying composition, lighting and color. After an image is captured, Creative Shot mode will automatically render five different variations of the shot to deliver unique, new perspectives while still retaining the original image. There are also 46 new filter types, including HDR effects, to help artistic expression reach new creative levels.</p>
<p id="TWP34">In addition to the creative imaging functions, the PowerShot N100 camera offers a 5x optical zoom, a 24mm Wide-Angle f/1.8 lens, a 12.1-Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor and Canon’s DIGIC 6 image processor to help provide stunning image quality. Users also have the ability to quickly access and then record high-quality 1080p Full HD video with the dedicated movie button. To make choosing the ideal setting for each shot convenient, the camera’s Intelligent IS System allows the PowerShot N100 camera to automatically select the optimal image stabilization settings according to the shooting conditions, so shooting in dimly lit or bright situations can be easy and accurate.</p>
<p id="TWP35">The PowerShot N100′s new body design gives the camera a portable shape. The three-inch capacitive touch, tilt LCD panel allows users to capture images at unique angles, up to 90 degrees.</p>
<p id="TWP36"><strong>Pricing and Availability</strong></p>
<p id="TWP37">The PowerShot N100 digital camera is expected to be available in May 2014 in white or black for an estimated retail price of $349.99.</p>
<p> </p>
</div>
</div>
<div id="giftcard-holiday-availability-messaging_feature_div" data-feature-name="giftCardHolidayAvailabilityMessaging"><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></div>
 

AtSea

EOS M50
Jul 23, 2012
38
0
How will this compare with the S series? Except that it includes two features no one has ever asked for / wanted

Dual Capture uses a rear-facing secondary camera to capture your expression while shooting and then creates a picture-in-picture effect.

Story Highlights automatically selects and compiles images into an exciting highlight reel within the camera without the use of software
 

Lee Jay

EOS 7D Mark II
Sep 22, 2011
2,206
143
This looks (maybe?) like the first genuine replacement for my beloved pocket cam, the Elph 500 HS, which is 24-105 and f/2 at the wide end, unlike all the newer, slower Elphs. And this one looks like it has the 1/1.7" sensor size of the S-series and G-series too. I wonder how thick it is, though.
 

2n10

EOS RP
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2012
640
0
58
Sparks, NV
AtSea said:
How will this compare with the S series? Except that it includes two features no one has ever asked for / wanted

Dual Capture uses a rear-facing secondary camera to capture your expression while shooting and then creates a picture-in-picture effect.

Story Highlights automatically selects and compiles images into an exciting highlight reel within the camera without the use of software

That appears to be aimed at the camera phone market as those are things they do.
 

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
8,265
1,935
Canada
Canon Rumors said:
Dual Capture uses a rear-facing secondary camera to capture your expression while shooting and then creates a picture-in-picture effect

WOW! This takes photography fauxtography to a whole hole new level depth....

Just what I need... now when I take pictures of Fluffy the cat I will be able to tell from the inserted image that it really was me who took the picture...
 

mrsfotografie

M.R.S. Fotografie www.mrsfotografie.nl
Jul 13, 2012
1,624
0
45
The Netherlands
www.mrsfotografie.nl
Don Haines said:
Canon Rumors said:
Dual Capture uses a rear-facing secondary camera to capture your expression while shooting and then creates a picture-in-picture effect

WOW! This takes photography fauxtography to a whole hole new level depth....

Just what I need... now when I take pictures of Fluffy the cat I will be able to tell from the inserted image that it really was me who took the picture...

Wahahahahaaahhaa ;D ;D ;D ::) :eek: :eek: :eek:

Just imagine all the strained expressions. LOL. This is what we've all been waiting for. ::)
 

neuroanatomist

I post too Much on Here!!
CR Pro
Jul 21, 2010
24,806
2,496
Drizzt321 said:
I'm really curious if that's f/1.8 max aperture throughout the entire zoom range? Or how slow will the lens be at it's maximum zoom? That's really what I want to know!

Maximum Aperture
f/1.8 (W), f/5.7 (T)

full specs
 

AvTvM

EOS R6
Nov 4, 2011
3,165
0
Canon is SOOOOO INNOVATIVE!

kudos, Canon! A new dream camera. So innovative. The future of photography! Snapper and Snappeee in ONE picture! How great! Wow! And such a CUTE LITTLE sensor!

This will secure market domination in stills photography for many years to come. :p
 

Drizzt321

EOS 5D Mark IV
Nov 23, 2011
1,667
0
Lala land
www.aaronbaff.com
neuroanatomist said:
Drizzt321 said:
I'm really curious if that's f/1.8 max aperture throughout the entire zoom range? Or how slow will the lens be at it's maximum zoom? That's really what I want to know!

Maximum Aperture
f/1.8 (W), f/5.7 (T)

full specs

Ah. Ouch. Although I suppose f/1.8-f/2.8 at the wider end of the zoom range is still very useful, as that's probably most likely to be used at night/dark areas with groups of people.
 

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
8,265
1,935
Canada
Re: Canon is SOOOOO INNOVATIVE!

AvTvM said:
kudos, Canon! A new dream camera. So innovative. The future of photography! Snapper and Snappeee in ONE picture! How great! Wow! And such a CUTE LITTLE sensor!

This will secure market domination in stills photography for many years to come. :p
Exactly! This raises the fine art of taking a selfie to new levels....
 

Lee Jay

EOS 7D Mark II
Sep 22, 2011
2,206
143
Lee Jay said:
This looks (maybe?) like the first genuine replacement for my beloved pocket cam, the Elph 500 HS, which is 24-105 and f/2 at the wide end, unlike all the newer, slower Elphs. And this one looks like it has the 1/1.7" sensor size of the S-series and G-series too. I wonder how thick it is, though.

Never mind. Way too thick.

No one has yet come up with a more perfect pocket camera than the Elph 500 HS, IMHO.
 

mrsfotografie

M.R.S. Fotografie www.mrsfotografie.nl
Jul 13, 2012
1,624
0
45
The Netherlands
www.mrsfotografie.nl
Lee Jay said:
Lee Jay said:
This looks (maybe?) like the first genuine replacement for my beloved pocket cam, the Elph 500 HS, which is 24-105 and f/2 at the wide end, unlike all the newer, slower Elphs. And this one looks like it has the 1/1.7" sensor size of the S-series and G-series too. I wonder how thick it is, though.

Never mind. Way too thick.

No one has yet come up with a more perfect pocket camera than the Elph 500 HS, IMHO.

I had that. and sold it because the jpg's had a greenish tint. And the long end of the focal range is not usable due to the body being so tiny. We all wish for different types of perfection ;)
 

Lee Jay

EOS 7D Mark II
Sep 22, 2011
2,206
143
mrsfotografie said:
Lee Jay said:
Lee Jay said:
This looks (maybe?) like the first genuine replacement for my beloved pocket cam, the Elph 500 HS, which is 24-105 and f/2 at the wide end, unlike all the newer, slower Elphs. And this one looks like it has the 1/1.7" sensor size of the S-series and G-series too. I wonder how thick it is, though.

Never mind. Way too thick.

No one has yet come up with a more perfect pocket camera than the Elph 500 HS, IMHO.

I had that. and sold it because the jpg's had a greenish tint. And the long end of the focal range is not usable due to the body being so tiny. We all wish for different types of perfection ;)

Must have been a bad copy, as I've had several and none have had any problems with colors.
 
Apr 5, 2014
1
0
Hi,
Canon PowerShot N100 is the best camera. The N100 has special canon’s Hybrid Auto Mode features that captures a few seconds of video before you click photos and at the end of the day when you finished clicking images the camera automatically collects all small clips and creates a small movie. Canon N100 has a Mobile Device Connect button that once set up, allow users to connect directly over Wi-Fi to Android and iOS with just a button push. To make the setup easier the N100 has NFC for android users.Key Specifications of Canon Power Shot N100 include 1/1.7 inch 12 MP BSI CMOS sensor, 90 degree tilting 3 inch touch screen, 5X f1.8-5.7 24-120mm lens.
 
<-- start Taboola -->