The Canon PowerShot V100 may be next in the new series

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon is actively working to redefine their “PowerShot” series. Last month they announced the PowerShot V10 and are expected to announce two more this year. One of the coming cameras will be for VR applications, and it looks like a higher-end version of the PowerShot V10 is on the way. The New Camera reports that

See full article...

Sep 18, 2019
The PowerShot V100 is rumoured to be a mirrorless interchangeable lens camera. A direct competitor to the Sony ZV-E10.
So which lens mount will it have?

If it's RF, then doesn't that automatically mean it's an EOS R camera?
If it's EF-M, then doesn't that automatically mean it's an EOS M camera?
And if it's EF, then doesn't that automatically mean, even though it's mirrorless, it's an EOS D camera?

Don't tell me: it's Canon's new Powershot V mount! :LOL:

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Has any PowerShot camera ever had an interchangeable lens?
None that I know of, yet the New Camera report referred to by Admin says the Canon V100 "will compete against Sony’s ultra-popular ZV-E10 content creator compact APS-C mirrorless camera."

In addition, even though New Camera listed quite a number of specifications, none is about a lens.

This would mirror Sony's segmentation of their Vlogging cameras:
  • ZV-1/ ZV-1F / ZV-1 Mark II : 1" sensor, 24-70mm f/1.8-2.8 (equ.) / 22mm f/2 (equ.) / 18-50mm f/1.8-4 (equ.) lens
  • ZV-E10: APS-C sensor, ILC
  • ZV-E1: 24x36 sensor, ILC.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do not believe Canon would call such a camera a PowerShot.
V100 I would believe.
That's quite possible. Note that the New Camera report says V100, not PowerShot V100. The link between the PowerShot sub-brand being redefined and the rumoured V100 was made by Admin, not New Camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
Rather than V100, I would think that it will likely become R100 if it has a mirrorless mount.
Well, there’s one of those already.

Upvote 0

mxwphoto

R6 and be there
Jun 20, 2013
Well, there’s one of those already.

Will you look at that... I take a break from the rumor mill for a few months and am already behind the times! Thanks for the update!

Upvote 0