Canon registers another camera for certification

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has registered another camera to the CMIIT (Chinese Ministry of Industry and Identification). The model, identified as DS126904 features WiFi 5 and Bluetooth. Unlike the other registrations this year which had WiFi 6, this one seems to be a lower-end model with the inclusion of Wifi 5. That makes a total of 3 digital

See full article...

Reactions: 1 user

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Thinking about 5 cams yet to be released, supposedly all in 2024... oh my...
Has it ever been that much in one year? I can't remember... maybe if I count the pro cine cams in...
It has been a while.... it was normal when they released 9 Rebels a year back in the heyday.

Upvote 0

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
I think it would be a bit strange if an RF version of the M6II would lack a viewfinder, when even the R100 includes a viewfinder. But you never know it could happen.

It'd be great. There are lots of the younger generation of shooters that have never really used a viewfinder as they likely started their journey on their smartphone. I personally never use the EVF on my R50.

• Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0
FYI, Craig did put this in the article, but DSC / DS always referred to the EOS division.

The original M / M2 were made by the EOS division, and then with the M3 we saw a drastic change in firmware and it was then PC - done by the power shot group.

The M50 Mark II was a DS .. probably because the EOS group quick cobbled something to together to shut people up versus any real desire to create a new camera, and the powershot group was pretty much shutting down by then.

It has always a very solid indicator (until the EOS-M aspect) of what exactly was being certified.

Craig had to step in and clean up my post lol since someone lost a significant amount of their remaining braincells over it.

• Haha
Upvote 0

ohm

AF Stickler
Apr 8, 2019
Japan
YouTube.com
Maybe an all in one with retro styling... Fuji is making some of that sweet ching ching with the X100 VI. Would be sweet if it was FF, maybe the old r5 sensor or something.
Fuji have a decent retro interface, where Nikon have sort of flubbed it. But the Fujifilm cameras are not nearly as beautiful or have a sense of history- largely because they lack such. Canon could capitalise by releasing an RF P or RF 7, which would update a few aesthetic things for the modern day. Nikon's ZF is lovely to look at in a way no Fujifilm camera is.

Upvote 0

illadvisedhammer

buggin out
CR Pro
Aug 19, 2015
I'd love an M6 Mark II with an RF mount (updated to current tech obviously)
R8 focus and lack of shutter issues (either fixed shutter shock or reduced rolling shutter) would be great, but really the only annoyance with the M6ii aside from the zombie vibes is the dead settings battery. It’s still in heavy rotation and I haven’t even busted out the insurance M200 yet

Upvote 0
Fuji have a decent retro interface, where Nikon have sort of flubbed it. But the Fujifilm cameras are not nearly as beautiful or have a sense of history- largely because they lack such. Canon could capitalise by releasing an RF P or RF 7, which would update a few aesthetic things for the modern day. Nikon's ZF is lovely to look at in a way no Fujifilm camera is.

Oooooo a Canon RF model 7 would be sweet.

Upvote 0