Canon updates EOS R5 8K and autofocus information

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Canon has updated some 8K video and autofocus specifications for the Canon EOS R5.
8K video

30fps,
No crop
Internal recording
Dual Pixel AF available in ALL 8K modes.

Auto Focus

Body AF tracking
Face AF tracking
Eye AF tracking
Animal detect and tracking so you can steadily track your subject.

In case you missed it, you can see the full rumored specifications for the Canon EOS R5 here.

Continue reading...

SereneSpeed

CR Pro
Feb 1, 2016
These features are beyond my requirements. I doubt I’ll use 8k anytime in the next few years. But, yay Canon! Release the beast!

When the market started shrinking and a sizeable group started using the word ‘doomed’ when describing Canon, I remember thinking ‘but they’re making solid business decisions’...

This is good solid business from Canon. I’ll be the first to admit, I’m sure it’s reactive, not proactive, but that’s okay with me. Bring on the camera!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Upvote 0
Thing is almost nobody want those 8k! Or better, almost nobody will use it! But it´s not the 8k itself! It´s Canon dominating! It´s Canon saying yes we can do it and we are the best! AND I FREAKING LOVE IT in a brand! Of course most of us will not use it but will be great to have! Also that means better 4k files and better overall video specs! And that´s the juice! For me is more important 4k120fps than the 8k.

I am loving this camera already! From a wildlife photographer and videographer this camera is reaching everything we desire!I will definitely preorder this one and for the first time in my life I will preorder something! It´s just a pain to wait for it...And hopefully we can have a reasonable number of cameras in July or sooner, why not! :D Canon, my birthday is on 23rd June, this would be a hell of a present!

BTW, today i started building my R sistem. I bought a EOS R and a RF35mm. My firsts of the RF and R sistem! Happy! ;)

Reactions: 13 users
Upvote 0

Joules

doom
CR Pro
Jul 16, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
This might be the biggest “all in” of them all.. I predict a MASSIVE success...
Agreed.

I read some YouTube comments and it's hilarious. There's still some people out there who seemingly didn't read or understand any of the material that was released. Almost as if they just mindlessly keep beating the old 'Canon is Doomed' drum for the sake of it :ROFLMAO:

For the slow guys: Canon has dominated the ILC market without being leading in specs for a long time. This R5 leaves a ton of other bodies in the dust on a number of specs. And you can see the hype that's created. Hype! For a Canon camera! Has there ever been such a thing? :unsure:

There’s no need for everybody to get excited, but acting as if this was a boring Camera release and they should do better is beyo d silly.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0