Canon USA officially responds to concerns about shipping delays of the Canon EOS R5

D

Deleted member 378221

Haha. You just proved my point.
Gerald/Mani occasionally do canon stuff. Gene/Matti occasionally do sony stuff. They swap around just to make things interesting.
Yeah, that's exactly what I predicted in my post. A good conspiracy theory cannot be disproven. Any fact that disproves it, is just part of the game.

But since you have no proof of your claim in the first place, there is no reason why anyone should believe you. Everything you say is just "can't you see? wake up sheeple" and that just doesn't work. :)

Upvote 0
Jul 26, 2020
Yeah, that's exactly what I predicted in my post. A good conspiracy theory cannot be disproven. Any fact that disproves it, is just part of the game.

But since you have no proof of your claim in the first place, there is no reason why anyone should believe you. Everything you say is just "can't you see? wake up sheeple" and that just doesn't work. :)
Haha. Suddenly Gene is flogging the FX9, and Gerald the c300iii. You sure their reps weren't behind it?

Upvote 0
Bullshit, when everyone is bailing on Canon to go to Sony and now they can't even fill the pre-orders.
I was told that another shipment will come in August and October... but was not told if my order will be filled.
Sony must be having a nice laugh, as we wait like guinea pigs to get one.

I've already spoken to my local shop about exchanging everything to swap to sony if they don't get their FIRST shipment next week. Their original FIRST shipment was redirected by Canon to Lens Rentals.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Sporgon

5% of gear used 95% of the time
CR Pro
Nov 11, 2012
Yorkshire, England
There's so much precedent for camera recalls, dating back even to the original 5D, in which the mirror would detach,
Yes I was one of those lucky people to get the first FF mirrorless years before Sony invented the idea...... :)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
I am a photographer and video creator by trade. This is my sole income.

Well, it depends on how demanding your subjects are. Do you shoot sports, lowlight, for billboards, anything that requires premium AF. It's not as black and white as "specs don't matter".
It's way too easy to dismiss criticism as "the pros don't care". I'm a professional photographer, and I do care because some features make my job easier, and some make it even possible at all.

According to your profile, you shoot with an M6 II. So keep doing that, and save the money you didn't spend buying a camera that's too compromised for your needs?

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378221

According to your profile, you shoot with an M6 II. So keep doing that, and save the money you didn't spend buying a camera that's too compromised for your needs?
Swing and a miss :)
That's just an automatic flair from the forums I thought had to do with your postcount, I didn't even know you could change that. I'm shooting on a 1DX2 and a 5D4 primarily and am plenty invested in EF glass. But try again. :)

Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
That's just an automatic flair from the forums I thought had to do with your postcount, I didn't even know you could change that. I'm shooting on a 1DX2 and a 5D4 primarily and am plenty invested in EF glass. But try again. :)

The point still stands. You are a pro, executing on jobs. Don't buy a tool not suited to your jobs. The end.

• Wow
Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 378221

The point still stands. You are a pro, executing on jobs. Don't buy a tool not suited to your jobs. The end.
Yeah, no, it doesn't really. This has been plenty discussed and the "if you don't likeit, don't buy it" is a gross simplification. Hoping to get my R5 next week and it will be here to stay for the photo side. But thanks for playing. :)

Upvote 0

SteveC

R5
CR Pro
Sep 3, 2019

It is possible to change it--I did in my case (until Thursday the best camera I had was indeed the M6-II). (And I need to update both it and my signature...)

Upvote 0

twoheadedboy

EOS R5
CR Pro
Jan 3, 2018
Sturtevant, WI
Yeah, no, it doesn't really. This has been plenty discussed and the "if you don't likeit, don't buy it" is a gross simplification. Hoping to get my R5 next week and it will be here to stay for the photo side. But thanks for playing. :)

I'm not saying you're wrong to criticize the camera's limitations. You ARE wrong to suggest it represents an impediment to completing professional jobs - your customers do not say "we want 1 hour of continuous B-roll and it must be shot on an R5". Every tool is limited, and the pro selects the right tool(s) to complete a job. It's only folks more similar to me (primarily amateur, pro shoots do not feature extensive video nor any other mechanic that would push the boundaries of the gear I own or could rent) who like screwing around with equipment for fun that have the concern, because we tend to pick a "tool" and then see what we can do with it (the opposite of a professional). Even then, I'm finding I'm going to need a massive compute upgrade to do anything with any length of 8k video, despite having a 6-month-old laptop (partially due to short-sightedness). That said, I am more excited about unconstrained uncropped 4k 30p, which for my world will be an incredible upgrade as compared to everyone else shooting 1080p at best.

Upvote 0

tbintb

5DSR, R5
May 26, 2020
This is PR speak for “there are problems with getting the second batch out quickly”. If it was coronavirus related they’d have said so. If they had good news to share, they’d have said so. A recall seems likely to me.
I doubt it. Did Sony Ever recall any of their A7 series cameras that were well known for overheating? Nope. They released a firmware.

Upvote 0

tbintb

5DSR, R5
May 26, 2020
R5 owners: does anyone know how to turn the live view off? The best I figured out was to turn off touchscreen and also enable ECO mode. This will ensure the live view isn't hunting af/draining battery and turns off within 10 secs of taking a pic. I much rather have a dedicated custom manual on/off button though. I'll look into the manual again but if anyone knows a shortcut, I'd appreciate the tip.

**Also there is an option to just use the viewfinder, however if I want to review an image, I have to look into the viewfinder and operate the menu from there, not ideal but I guess if this is the solution, so be it, just a different change coming from a DSLR. The live view does drain the battery quite a bit.
I realize your post is from yesterday but in case you are still having problems, press the info button on the right of the screen. You’ll need to press it 4 times, as each time you press it, it offers a different screen.

Upvote 0
D

Deleted member 384473

What a careless update to a disastrous camera launch. Feeling like Canon doesn’t care about their customer base. They marketed this wrong and should own up. Feeling like it’s time to stop waiting for the magic camera hybrid body everyone has been holding out for that’s kept me invested in canon. Stockholders and the corporate board should REALLY be worried at how this portrays Canon.

Upvote 0

SecureGSM

2 x 5D IV
Feb 26, 2017
What a careless update to a disastrous camera launch. Feeling like Canon doesn’t care about their customer base. They marketed this wrong and should own up. Feeling like it’s time to stop waiting for the magic camera hybrid body everyone has been holding out for that’s kept me invested in canon. Stockholders and the corporate board should REALLY be worried at how this portrays Canon.
Attention: incoming trolls alert.. I repeat: incoming trolls alert...

Upvote 0