Not open for further replies.

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
<div name="googleone_share_1" style="position:relative;z-index:5;float: right; /*margin: 70px 0 0 0;*/ top:70px; right:120px; width:0;"><g:plusone size="tall" count="1" href="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=12748"></g:plusone></div><div style="float: right; margin:0 0 70px 70px;"><a href="https://twitter.com/share" class="twitter-share-button" data-count="vertical" data-url="http://www.canonrumors.com/?p=12748">Tweet</a></div>
<p><strong>What’s coming this year

</strong>A very reliable source has told us what Canon has planned in 2013 as far as product launches go. This is looking to be a slower year for new Canon products, especially when compared to 2012.</p>
<p>None of this includes new Cinema EOS products.</p>
<p><strong>Cameras

</strong>There will be 3 DSLRs launched in 2013, two of them will be “entry level” and one will be “mid level”. The two entry level cameras will probably be a new Rebel and a 70D.</p>
<p>The midlevel camera is probably the EOS 7D Mark II. This camera will get its own launch festivities sometime in the second half of 2013 we’re told.</p>
<p>There will also be one new EOS-M body, which is a pretty logical step forward for the platform.</p>
<p><strong>Lenses

</strong>4 new EF lenses will be launched in 2013, there was no mention of exactly which lenses it would be. We all know the usual suspects, and everything points to a new 100-400L and that would sit nicely next to a new 7D.</p>
<p>We’re hoping to get a more detailed breakdown of the upcoming lenses soon.</p>
<p><strong><span style="color: #ff0000;">c</span>r</strong></p>

Jul 21, 2010
candyman said:
It would be nice to have an update on the 50mm f/1.4 - at least I am curious about it.

What would be the improvement in a new 50 f/1.4 have over the old one?
As an amateur the current lens works pretty well for me. Took a picture just yesterday. Very low light. Only source was a flatscreen. No NR applied.

Z96A3292bNoNRBWcropDEFKLEIN by Peter Hauri, on Flickr

Upvote 0
7 D II in the 2. half of 2013 -> :'(

The 100-400 L successor will be a favorite for me, because my >10 year old pulling zoom 100-400 is sometimes hard to handle if it is cold. But it will be much more expensive....

I am for a little while in the hotel @ Kitzbuehel (Austria (Europe)), freezing a little bit, because it is very cold here on the venue.
Seen Arni, and 2 persons that carry interresting Canon Cameras and lenses. But they turned away, when they saw that I was interrested in their gear. 2 Mid sized bodies with a lot of lenses. One big lens with an bulge on the beginning near the Cam. One mid sized turning zoom.
They used an handheld laptop to look at the pictures the other photographer made, when the skiiers passed. Taking the temperature and measuring something with an sensor that was glueing on the Lens.

Today it is more easy to shoot, the speed is moderate. Yesterday, my 7D and my 60D had some problems with the horrible speed of the skiers. Many unsharp pics...

But one photographer had an super zoom: Green, very fat. Seems to be very heavy. And mounted on an special tripod. This guy moved around "Rumpelstilzchen". Using an big Nikon.

Upvote 0

candyman

R6, R8, M6 II, M5
Sep 27, 2011
www.flickr.com
pedro said:
candyman said:
It would be nice to have an update on the 50mm f/1.4 - at least I am curious about it.

What would be the improvement in a new 50 f/1.4 have over the old one?
As an amateur the current lens works pretty well for me. Took a picture just yesterday. Very low light. Only source was a flatscreen. No NR applied.

Z96A3292bNoNRBWcropDEFKLEIN by Peter Hauri, on Flickr

Nice shot.

I started with the 50mm and 7D. I tested the Canon and didn't like it. I ended up with the Sigma. The Sigma is great on APS-C but not such a great performer when using with the 5D MKIII. So I checked 3 copies of the Canon on the FF. Below f2 not very sharp. So, I am still waiting what Canon can offer in a new model. Just curious.

Upvote 0
xps said:
In another forum they suppose >2500$ for the MK 2. :( I hope they will be wrong with this rumor

It really depends on what the level definition is - looking a the prices for "top-level" cinema eos & 1dx $2.5k might still qualify for mid-level, esp. if a $1.5k 70d is now "entry level" :-o

I wouldn't be surprised if the new cameras are either very expensive (7d2) or very gimmick-oriented (70d = 60d + wifi + gps + afma + touchscreen). After all the very plain 6d is $2000, so a more af/fps/fw-capable camera that only lacks high iso performance should be at least as expensive.

Upvote 0

Quasimodo

Easily intrigued :)
Feb 5, 2012
Oslo, Norway
www.500px.com
chauncey said:
I think that...the best thing would be that if someone would make an adapter to allow canon lenses to be used on Nikon bodies, you would see a sales drop in Canon bodies.
Canon is taking waaay too long to get their proverbial $hit together.

It never takes long.....

Upvote 0
-Jarred- said:
Surely they wouldn't price it above the 6D?

Of course they would, the 6d is entry level (it just happens to be full frame), the 7d is medium to pro (sports/wildlife aps-c) ... the 1.6x lens magnification is the reason many photogs have a 7d even if they could easily afford a 5d3.

Think of the price difference of a 300mm lens to a 300x1.6 ~= 500mm lens - that's the amount of money you can save when buying aps-c over ff, and Canon know they can add a part of the difference on top of the 7d2 price.

Upvote 0
2nd half of 2013 eh? Hangin' out for that 7d mk ii... assuming it lives up to expectations I've decided that it is the most logical upgrade path for me... my 550D has taken a beating and now has a dead pixel and some posterisation issues with the LCD screen, not to mention I'm after some higher level specs in a few areas. Still a very handy camera though.

I guess if my 550D kicks the bucket I'll have to replace it with a 600D, which are dirt cheap these days, or a 7D classic maybe. I suppose if the 7D mk ii delivers what we hope for then it might be worth waiting for. I'm guessing a price of $2200-$2300, surely the price can't go too close to that of the 5D mk iii...

Upvote 0

Don Haines

Beware of cats with laser eyes!
Jun 4, 2012
Canada
If we assume no sensor improvements, we get the following:

Look at the T4i. You can't pimp it out much more. The only things missing are wireless and GPS. Other than that, it has every function canon has for a camera. If there was a new rebel, you have to add this. This leaves the 70D with the only possible improvements over the new rebel as better build, shoulder display, and the reintroduction of AFMA. Since they said it would be incremental improvement..... No new sensor....

The 7Dii, if it is to better than the 70D, would have to be dual processors for higher fps....plus all the 70D functions except for tilt/swivel screen.

The problem is that I can pick up an Olympus E-M5 that beats the iq of any canon APS-c camera and they are supposed to be introducing an even better successor to the E-5 ..... Or I can go Panasonic......or I can go Sony..... Or I can go Nikon.... Canon is now positioned at the bottom of the APS-c world for iq and even micro four thirds is beating it. A new sensor is long overdue and no upgrade will be worth it until they release one. I just hope they do it before we add iPhone to the list of cameras with better sensors.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.