Choose the "canon eos 6D" to make movies, in my opnion a great success.

Hi all, with this video, you are going to see the potential of the new Canon EOS 6D.
Important: The images have not been manipulated in post-production, so this is the natural quality of the images from the Canon EOS 6D.
Best regards.

Mediterranean landscape in all it's glory. Canon eos 6D

Marsu42

Canon Pride.
Feb 7, 2012
Berlin
der-tierfotograf.de
videopublicitat spain said:
Hi all, with this video, you are going to see the potential of the new Canon EOS 6D.

Nice, but what does it have to do esp. with the 6D? There are thin dof parts in it, but that's possible since the 5d2. These are natural scenes, so the 6D moire won't show. For everything else, you could have used a Rebel 550d.

Btw: @720p you could/should have used Magic Lantern raw video, there are some clipped whites during the sun scenes and very dark blacks in the shadows in bright daylight. Only the 5d3 does 1080p raw though due to the 40mb/s crippled 6D sd write speed :-\

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing. I appreciate seeing what can be done with the 6D. What software did you use to edit it?

I was not really planning on doing video work with my 6D until my daughter came home from school and told me that she joined the AV club and got the anchor position (no one else in the club wanted it ;D!). The school has some new state of the art equipment that they are trying to figure out. So I took my 6D to one event and had my daughter do a quick stand up to report the event. Now I need to figure out how to do video editing (probably powerdirector 12) to help them get up and running.

Upvote 0
Hello everyone!
Thank you for your compliments, I made this video with great attention to details, and I'm happy for your participation.
I have not installed the Magic Lantern, maybe because I want to see what is really the camera is able to offer.
Then give the names and models of lenses used in the shooting.
As I said, thanks, and I hope this is the beginning of a friendship between us all longa, passionate people have ideas and record them.
Sorry if I offend with my bad English, I ask patience.
From Spain, with much admiration for his land, a big hug,
Sincerely,
Ander.

Upvote 0
May 12, 2011
You did a very nice job with the shots, but 720p does it no justice, you should reupload it in 1080p. You're obviously thrilled with the footage, and that's great but the general consensus was that the 6D was kind of a step back for DSLR video. Moire and artifacts became an issue again and the overall image quality isn't much better than a 5D2, T2i, or 7D. One area the 6D shines in however is low light performance, it does extremely well at high ISO's.

Don't get me wrong, you did a great job with the vid but I don't think the 6D is a good recommendation for video at all.

Upvote 0
Important: The images have not been manipulated in post-production, so this is the natural quality of the images from the Canon EOS 6D.
Best regards.

Mediterranean landscape in all it's glory. Canon eos 6D

Very nice! Now I really miss Spain, should've seen more of what such a great country has to offer. Three years and I only got to see Granada :(

Upvote 0
Hello friends, this is the list of lenses used in the production of this video.
Sigma 24mm f/2.8 (manual) * Zenit 58mm f / 2 (manual) * Canon EF 75-300mm f/4-5.6 III * Sigma EF 28-70mm f/2.8 * Canon EF 35-135mm f/2.8 ultrasonic
And I have worked with the "Picture Style" in Neutral, as the camera comes factory configured.

Upvote 0
Hi TWI por Dustin Abbott!
Thank you for your kind words, and for your support.
Look, the real work has been very pleasant, without drawbacks.
I have 5 lenses, and I've been working so harmonious images, very sensitive.
No technician wrote a script, scriptlet, had everything in my head, like a relief.
Sometimes it gives you inspiration throughout the sequence pre made​​, everything else is moving.
A big hug,
Ander.

Upvote 0
The video you uploaded is very compressed and 720p, so it's hard to judge.

As far as I'm concerned, I choose to get a 5DMKII as a second body instead of a 6D because I didn't find the 6D to be better at all, as far as video mode is concerned. HI ISO performances excluded, of course. I also found the 6D ergonomy and build quality a step back, compared to the 5DMKII, so I really wouldn't suggest this camera to shoot videos.

Upvote 0
Hi luciolepri!
It is true, should have uploaded the video to 1080p, but if I'm honest, I do not show it going through my head too.
As was that people were asking, I have been placed.
I have a friend in Australia and what Canon told me, I thought, because not?
But see, talking about the camera, I have worked with the 5D II, and I think the 6D is better, but it alone does all the work, we must do our part.
I would like to hear the opnion of people have also opted for it, to contrast more opinions.
I continue to believe that video ads, is a great ally.
Out of curiosity, what is your camera?
A big shout out
Ander.

Upvote 0
nice work, and I can see the passion you have for this video.

for landscape video, I would suggest you check out Panasonic GH3 (or even hacked GH2) when you get the chance. it resolves an amazing amount of detail at 1080p, much better than my 5D3. it is really night and day compared to the 6D at 720p. the 6D is good at some other things, but not landscape work.

Upvote 0
Out of curiosity, what is your camera?

I mainly work with a 5D MKIII, which, together with the 1DX, are the only Canon cameras that make me feel "safe" under every circumstance. I used the 6D only a couple of times, but I edited a lot of videos shot with that camera and quite often I noticed very bad moiré/aliasing issues.

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:

Nice, but what does it have to do esp. with the 6D? There are thin dof parts in it, but that's possible since the 5d2. These are natural scenes, so the 6D moire won't show. For everything else, you could have used a Rebel 550d.

Btw: @720p you could/should have used Magic Lantern raw video, there are some clipped whites during the sun scenes and very dark blacks in the shadows in bright daylight. Only the 5d3 does 1080p raw though due to the 40mb/s crippled 6D sd write speed :-\

actually nature scenes can be among the worst for aliasing and moire and unlike planned stuff you can't swap out branches, water patterns, etc. for a new shirt. My 5D2 hit some nasty things at times shooting the natural world.

anyway yeah I don't get why one would suggest the 6D as THE DSLR to get for video when the 5D3 is clearly better and almost infinitely so if you use the ML RAW hack with it. The 1DX is way better too (although $$$ and bulky). not that I want to be a downer on the OP, nice video, but as a recommendation to go for 6D as THE choice for video, it is just not the most accurate advice.

Upvote 0
VanWeddings said:
nice work, and I can see the passion you have for this video.

for landscape video, I would suggest you check out Panasonic GH3 (or even hacked GH2) when you get the chance. it resolves an amazing amount of detail at 1080p, much better than my 5D3. it is really night and day compared to the 6D at 720p. the 6D is good at some other things, but not landscape work.

you need to try ML RAW with your 5D3, that brings back tons of detail

Upvote 0