Choose the "canon eos 6D" to make movies, in my opnion a great success.

Hello friends,
I'm liking a lot this discussion thread, I think we greatly enriched.
I have worked many years with TV cameras, and to tell the truth, I've read and seen many videos before buying the 6d.
I think the market provides us with many excellent cameras, if I could, would have a Red One, or scarlet, but you know, for now I have to get much benefit from this camera. I'm happy for the comments, because I see sincerity in you, this makes me think that friends like you, I was going to add a lot in this regard.
I still have not worked with the mark III and I hope to soon, but first, I expect you to give me information on how to better work with the 6D.
I love this forum
Thanks guys and girls, but I can not very high level.
Ander.

Upvote 0
pulseimages said:
I like the video and some of you people are just stone cold bummers.
Pulseimages Hi, thanks for the support.
Sometimes it seems that in the forums, people just are set on the equipment used and their strengths and weaknesses, and are blind to see what you can bring the film to its own future development.

Upvote 0
VanWeddings said:
videopublicitat spain said:
I'm making another 3 video editing, and at this exact moment I am doing the conversion of files to apple pro res, too bad it can not be edited directly, right?
Thanks for your advice!
premiere will allow you to edit without transcoding

Upvote 0
awinphoto said:
Nice job... I loved your panning/sliding shots...
bleephotography said:
Hi all, with this video, you are going to see the potential of the new Canon EOS 6D.
Important: The images have not been manipulated in post-production, so this is the natural quality of the images from the Canon EOS 6D.
Best regards.

Mediterranean landscape in all it's glory. Canon eos 6D

Very nice! Now I really miss Spain, should've seen more of what such a great country has to offer. Three years and I only got to see Granada :(
Thank you for your support,
When you have time, be producing something related to Medieval castles in the area where I live.

Upvote 0
VanWeddings said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:
you need to try ML RAW with your 5D3, that brings back tons of detail

that is true. the workflow and storage is of course another matter.
VanWeddings said:
LetTheRightLensIn said:

that is true. the workflow and storage is of course another matter.

The ML for 6D is an issue that I'm still studying, if I install it or not, but thanks for your advice.

Upvote 0
LetTheRightLensIn said:
VanWeddings said:
nice work, and I can see the passion you have for this video.

for landscape video, I would suggest you check out Panasonic GH3 (or even hacked GH2) when you get the chance. it resolves an amazing amount of detail at 1080p, much better than my 5D3. it is really night and day compared to the 6D at 720p. the 6D is good at some other things, but not landscape work.

The ML for 6D is an issue that I'm still studying, if I install it or not, but thanks for your advice.

Upvote 0
luciolepri said:
Out of curiosity, what is your camera?

I mainly work with a 5D MKIII, which, together with the 1DX, are the only Canon cameras that make me feel "safe" under every circumstance. I used the 6D only a couple of times, but I edited a lot of videos shot with that camera and quite often I noticed very bad moiré/aliasing issues.

When I can, I will buy the 5D mark III or perhaps a Black Magic.
Working with advertising and time, investment expenditures have much technical features.

Upvote 0
VanWeddings said:
nice work, and I can see the passion you have for this video.

for landscape video, I would suggest you check out Panasonic GH3 (or even hacked GH2) when you get the chance. it resolves an amazing amount of detail at 1080p, much better than my 5D3. it is really night and day compared to the 6D at 720p. the 6D is good at some other things, but not landscape work.
You've come to see the official video 6D? One who did Asians in a forest.
In my opnion, is very, very good video ... with 6D, yes.

Upvote 0
luciolepri said:
Out of curiosity, what is your camera?

I mainly work with a 5D MKIII, which, together with the 1DX, are the only Canon cameras that make me feel "safe" under every circumstance. I used the 6D only a couple of times, but I edited a lot of videos shot with that camera and quite often I noticed very bad moiré/aliasing issues.

When I can, I will buy the 5D mark III or perhaps a Black Magic.
Working with advertising and time, investment expenditures have much technical features.

Friend, that is the kind of video you produce?

Upvote 0
Marsu42 said:
Friend, that is the kind of video you produce?
Thanks Marsu42.

By the way: You can edit your posts and include multiple answers in one post instead of chaining several replies one after each other, spamming the place :p

Upvote 0
luciolepri said:
The video you uploaded is very compressed and 720p, so it's hard to judge.

As far as I'm concerned, I choose to get a 5DMKII as a second body instead of a 6D because I didn't find the 6D to be better at all, as far as video mode is concerned. HI ISO performances excluded, of course. I also found the 6D ergonomy and build quality a step back, compared to the 5DMKII, so I really wouldn't suggest this camera to shoot videos.
For me, the 6D is better than the 5D II for all.

Upvote 0