D4 AF vs 1d X AF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meh

Sep 20, 2011
briansquibb said:
HurtinMinorKey said:
neuroanatomist, teaching people as usual. How do you have so may smites? Do people hate the truth that much?

I reckon so by my score :-X :-X :-X

My smiter has another 2 to do by the end of the day - must be one of the APS-C fanbois

Neuro gets smited because he's awesome... and maybe because of his sharp wit. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Brian, you're going to just have to stop telling the truth about the great AF in the 5D2.

Upvote 0
neuroanatomist said:
traveller said:
Over to Neuroanatomist...?

;)

Noticed and hypothesized on yesterday:

http://www.canonrumors.com/forum/index.php/topic,2707.msg57623.html#msg57623

In short, my take agrees with yours - it's a firmware implementation, and there is a possibility that Canon could match it with the 1D X (if it works well enough with their sensor, and if the choose to (they may not, either for marketing reasons - driving customers to buy longer lenses - or to avoid being seen as reacting directly to the competition).

Sorry, I missed your post on that thread! Didn't mean to tread on your toes.

Here's hoping that your "possibility (2)" is correct and that Canon can respond by enabling AF at f/8 in firmware.

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

Meh said:
briansquibb said:
HurtinMinorKey said:
neuroanatomist, teaching people as usual. How do you have so may smites? Do people hate the truth that much?

My smiter has another 2 to do by the end of the day - must be one of the APS-C fanbois

Neuro gets smited because he's awesome... and maybe because of his sharp wit. You can't please all of the people all of the time.

Brian, you're going to just have to stop telling the truth about the great AF in the 5D2.

LOL

I am giving up on that - now going to keep telling the 7D people that the 1Ds3 has a better AF than them - and the IQ is better too.

Can justify the extra expense of the 1Ds3 because I save on gym fees by lugging two series 1s around with large whites attached :D

Upvote 0
B

briansquibb

briansquibb said:
Meh said:
briansquibb said:
HurtinMinorKey said:

LOL

I am giving up on that - now going to keep telling the 7D people that the 1Ds3 has a better AF than them - and the IQ is better too.

Can justify the extra expense of the 1Ds3 because I save on gym fees by lugging two series 1s around with large whites attached :D

LOL - got 2 smites for mentioning that again :) I expect to be popular when APS-C is relegated to P&S only ::) ::) ::) ::)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.