Denizens of the Forest Floor

ss396s said:
jrista said:
2n10 said:
No idea what it is but it was found in a pine forest above 6000 feet.

Looks like it might be a flower of some kind. Amazing the things you find on the forest floor. ;)

One names is Snow Plant. Its a fungus. Very common in the Sierras in June.

The name Snow Plant seems right, but it is NOT a fungus. Snow plants feed on the fungal networks in the ground though. Fungi never make flowers.
http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/plant-of-the-week/sarcodes_sanguinea.shtml

Upvote 0

Krob78

When in Doubt, Press the Shutter...
Aug 8, 2012
The Florida Peninsula
Sporgon said:
Krob78 said:
Mushrooms of some variety! They're like little Umbrella Mushrooms! ::)

Nice capture Ken. Marasmius ?

Thank you Kernuak and Sporgon! They were quite delicate and tiny... A joy to find and shoot but I'll have to leave it to your good guesses, I have none and no knowledge regarding them, except that I really like the edible ones!! ;D

Upvote 0
Krob78 said:
Sporgon said:
Krob78 said:
Mushrooms of some variety! They're like little Umbrella Mushrooms! ::)

Nice capture Ken. Marasmius ?

Thank you Kernuak and Sporgon! They were quite delicate and tiny... A joy to find and shoot but I'll have to leave it to your good guesses, I have none and no knowledge regarding them, except that I really like the edible ones!! ;D
I don't think I'm there with my ID, but I know I recognise them from images I've seen (which is bugging me :p).

Upvote 0
Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0
I just want to ask if some of you has heard this kind of shroom called Psilocybe Caerulipes also know as Blue-Foot? I was reading some articles about this kind shrooms before engaging my self for the first time. Like this one from:https://www.trufflemagic.com/blog/psilocybe-caerulipes/ .They say that it has a very potent effect on the brain and hallucination. Unlike other shrooms this one is less intense. In one article that I've read Psilocybe Caerulipes influences the prefontral cortex thats responsible for for differentiating thoughts, consequences of actions, and social control. Magic mushroom are use on reducing the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder and anxiety. It can also help people to quit smoking and alcohol addiction. Some studies also suggest the property of magic shrooms/truffles can be useful for cancer patients. I would really want to hear other insights regarding this kind shroom and could possible be used as an alternative medicine Thanks

Upvote 0

JohnC

CR Pro
Sep 22, 2019
Gainesville,GA
R5 w/ 100-400L II

i-H3QtNxx-X2.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0