EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R To Begin Shipping Mid June

Feb 15, 2015
Re: EOS 5DS & EOS 5DS R To Begin Shipping Mid June

Arkarch: thanks for posting that link. Now I am sure that the 5dsr was the right pre-order for me. Interesting also the examples with the MPE 65, so Canon does think the body is good for serious macro. At 52 minutes, it does something interesting with un-vibrate an image in PS. Haven't seen that function in CS6. Is that something only available in CC? or a plugin?

Upvote 0

Zeidora said:
Arkarch: thanks for posting that link. Now I am sure that the 5dsr was the right pre-order for me.

I don't know, the moire on the suit was, in my eyes, absolutely horrific. Also the sharpness differences are nothing that blow me away and I am sure you can (selectively) sharpen that in a 5Ds raw to get similar results. (I preordered the 5Ds as I plan to use it on weddings occasionally and also do a lot of architecture and landscape)

I do very much like the comparison of the salt crystals at 19:30-something, the 5Ds is significantly better so it's going to shift a gear up quality-wise against my 5D Mark III anyway, regardless if 5Ds or R :)

Zeidora said:
, it does something interesting with un-vibrate an image in PS. Haven't seen that function in CS6. Is that something only available in CC?

Yup, that was a new feature in CC. But I can assure you, it doesn't work THAT well, maybe it will correct sliiightest shakes/blurs and if you downscale the pic afterwards, you could be lucky if it isn't noticeable

Upvote 0

lichtmalen said:
Zeidora said:
Arkarch: thanks for posting that link. Now I am sure that the 5dsr was the right pre-order for me.

I don't know, the moire on the suit was, in my eyes, absolutely horrific. Also the sharpness differences are nothing that blow me away and I am sure you can (selectively) sharpen that in a 5Ds raw to get similar results. (I preordered the 5Ds as I plan to use it on weddings occasionally and also do a lot of architecture and landscape)

I do very much like the comparison of the salt crystals at 19:30-something, the 5Ds is significantly better so it's going to shift a gear up quality-wise against my 5D Mark III anyway, regardless if 5Ds or R :)

Always good to have sharpening at the source :) But as you mention weddings, those examples certainly suggest that moire is more than a possibility. I dont think there is any worry for landscapes; but I might run into it with distant fences or strange paint / logo schemes at race tracks; fortunately that is an easy throw-away if it happens. Not so much if it is your primary wedding party shot.

For everyone - Just a note on my little rant - I dont have any real knowledge of Canon internal politics. But I have enough experience working on leading technology products to make some reasonable assumptions. I'd worry about the apparent dysfunction otherwise.

I am now fully paid on my presale order for the 5DSR with a local dealer. Looking forward to the unboxing!

Upvote 0

Wedding is not what I do primarily, but I will use my 5Ds as second body next to the Mark III some times a year and the suit is a good example how this could ruin any shots of the groom. Well I'll have the 5Ds and DxO Optics will surely make the best out of my raws. ;D

Upvote 0

Berowne

... they sparkle still the right Promethean fire.
Jun 7, 2014

lichtmalen said:
Berowne said:
I think it will be available in Europe before July.

It will probably be available at June 15th, as that's quite the date everyone gives who actually gives exact dates.

GM-Foto is always conservative (realistic) in its announcements. "Availability" does not mean, that you can hold it in your hands but rather that you can have it within a week.

Greetings Andy

Upvote 0

Berowne said:
GM-Foto is always conservative (realistic) in its announcements. "Availability" does not mean, that you can hold it in your hands but rather that you can have it within a week.

Greetings Andy

GM-Foto is not a CPS partner. CPS partners will get the first shipments, all other resellers come after that (of course apart from those huge beasts like B&H and Adorama). Was stated like that some weeks ago.

Upvote 0

Looks like Canon Australia had the balls to break embargo. :D

11385116_102021616806384_1324288819_n.jpg

https://instagram.com/p/3yThPQwHD9/?taken-by=m___a___r___k

Upvote 0