EOS 60D Notes [CR2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

canonguy

chrome_dude said:
canonguy said:
if this is true... then it only shows canon is running scared of nikon. they actualy stoop down to the level of degrading a successful xxD line just to compete with the d90/d95. the current xxD build is the reason why i didnt go for nikon back then. then comes the plastic 60D and the magnesium d95. what next??? canon will drop their MP and stick with 12MP then nikon will go for 18MP. im just so disapointed! ive been waiting for this camera for years and canon slaps me in the face with a plastic toy camera. its the quality that counts and not the extra weight reduction.

Buy the 7D.

i don't need the features. im very happy with my 40d. it gets the job done perfectly. if only theres a way to improve the LCD on my 40d then il go for it. the lcd is the only downside for me. you can have all the best gear in the world but for what??? why waste money when all i need is a xxD and it gets the job done.

my point is, the xxD was very successful, they should as much as possible keep it as it is... i welcome the improvements, but changing the body design is not an improvement IMO.

Upvote 0
G

gkreis

canonguy said:
chrome_dude said:
canonguy said:
if this is true... then it only shows canon is running scared of nikon. they actualy stoop down to the level of degrading a successful xxD line just to compete with the d90/d95. the current xxD build is the reason why i didnt go for nikon back then. then comes the plastic 60D and the magnesium d95. what next??? canon will drop their MP and stick with 12MP then nikon will go for 18MP. im just so disapointed! ive been waiting for this camera for years and canon slaps me in the face with a plastic toy camera. its the quality that counts and not the extra weight reduction.

Buy the 7D.

i don't need the features. im very happy with my 40d. it gets the job done perfectly. if only theres a way to improve the LCD on my 40d then il go for it. the lcd is the only downside for me. you can have all the best gear in the world but for what??? why waste money when all i need is a xxD and it gets the job done.

my point is, the xxD was very successful, they should as much as possible keep it as it is... i welcome the improvements, but changing the body design is not an improvement IMO.

I too would like the nicer LCD and the microfocus feature of the 50D for my 40D, but then I heard the issues it was having with the sensor and I decided to wait for the 60D. In good light, the 40D is fine, as you say. My problem is in lower light. I want something that is a stop better. So if I could use 1600 as if 800 ISO and push to 3200 in a pinch, I'd be happier. An addiction to a CP filter is hard to shake... ;-)

I am trying to reserve judgment....

Upvote 0
C

catchinglight

so - people seem to worry more about the body material than the specs. Some believe they get more Pro-like because of that (but please keep the full-auto mode). Others need weight for the "physics" - LOL. Well, if this makes them feel better - fine. The body material of my 350D served my purposes for several years now, and a Magnesium, Alloy or Titanium body would not have served me better, maybe because I am not a Pro (at least not a Foto-Pro) and I do not drop my Camera every now an than, I do not throw it with 3 other bodies in the trunk of my car to head for the next shooting and I do not advertise my gear to friends to make them say "wow - magnesium body". Reasons to upgrade for me personal are a better monitor, improved autofocus and handling. Therefore, a swivel screen is very much welcome as it will avoid sometimes to crawl in mud or guess direction when shooting "over-head". The plasic body will help to keep cost in acceptable range, which I believe is important in the non-Pro price segment.

Upvote 0
S

silvershot77

dilbert said:
silvershot77 said:
I do think 39 regular sensors would outperform 9 cross type ..esp. without the annoying gaps...holes in between sensors.

You "think". Why don't you walk into a store that has a 1D series camera that you can get a feel for, in-store, and try using all 45 (or is it 39?) of those auto-focus sensors. Try focusing on subjects of various sizes at various distances and report back to us on how many of those 45 (or 39) you really needed and what role they all played. There's a good reason that many pro's only use 1 autofocus sensor - the middle one.

I have. Have you ? I had an Eos 3 and used it for weddings, did you ? Are you saying the pros that use the multi-sensor D3 and other such cams wish it only came with one sensor ? I doubt you really have much experience shooting , from your tone. I use the centre one often, but other times more is needed. It's not all the same type of shooting. Tell me, how long have you been using an slr ? or professionally ? 30 yrs ?

Upvote 0
M

Maldical

silvershot77 said:
dilbert said:
silvershot77 said:
I do think 39 regular sensors would outperform 9 cross type ..esp. without the annoying gaps...holes in between sensors.

You "think". Why don't you walk into a store that has a 1D series camera that you can get a feel for, in-store, and try using all 45 (or is it 39?) of those auto-focus sensors. Try focusing on subjects of various sizes at various distances and report back to us on how many of those 45 (or 39) you really needed and what role they all played. There's a good reason that many pro's only use 1 autofocus sensor - the middle one.

I have. Have you ? I had an Eos 3 and used it for weddings, did you ? Are you saying the pros that use the multi-sensor D3 and other such cams wish it only came with one sensor ? I doubt you really have much experience shooting , from your tone. I use the centre one often, but other times more is needed. It's not all the same type of shooting. Tell me, how long have you been using an slr ? or professionally ? 30 yrs ?

lol, love this pompous response.

Everyone on the planet is a moron except you....right? ;)

Upvote 0
M

muteteh

stark-arts said:
c.d.embrey said:
Recent plastic bodies have used SD cards, does this mean that the 60D will use SD cards? Seems like Canon wants to shift away from CF cards, The Top of the Line Canon 1Ds III uses 1 CF and 1 SD card, while the Top of the Line Nikon D3x uses TWO CF cards.

I have too many SanDisc Extreme IV cards to buy a camera that uses Inferior SD cards.

I have a ton of CF also but I will say this - SD cards never get messed up. Drop em in water, put em in and out 1000's of times. No bent pins. I've never lost data shooting with SD (although admittedly i've shot SD far less - only in my wifes G cams...)

Not a deal breaker for me

The fastest CF cards sold now are about twice as fast as the fastest SDHC cards sold now. For some people, this might be a deal breaker.

[I'm not sure who those people might be. AFAIK, fast SDHC cards are fast enough for HD video recording. Maybe it matters to people who shoot continuous bursts of stills in RAW format.]

Upvote 0
S

silvershot77

I've had enough metal bodies. A dozen slr's; way more lenses. Bring on the lightwt. plastic bodies and make the elements of the lenses plastic too. Please. The best lenses for eyewear are all plastic...made by Nikon, etc. Don't tell me they can't...because they already do so. When cam users get over their addiction ? to metal and glass...the industry can move on.

Upvote 0
Jul 30, 2010
MCK said:
But who wants to have a plastic body who had a solid metal body before 8)
If all things are equal, I still prefer metal body. I have own over a dozen metal camera body. However, If the ergonomics of the plastic body is better than the metal body, I do not have problem using a GOOD plastic body that does not squeak, assuming everything elses is equal. Personally, I think the metal body is way over priced and we are paying for our vanity. Just compare the 40D with similar Rebel. The 40D is twice the price of similar Rebel. Someone will have to try extremeely hard to convince me that the metal body alone will worth a few hundred dollar.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.