The EOS M10 Replacement Will be the EOS M100

Mar 25, 2011
AvTvM said:
Mt Spokane Photography said:
There is a reason, its about trying to figure out which model is the high end, enthusiast, or entry level. One of Canon's strengths has been naming models so I can figure them out without memorizing them all. I just imagine the confusion that someone who does not deal with the model numbers every day would have. ....

;D

one set of numbers says everything about any makers product lineup ... the price tag. It is a very precise indicator how the manufacturer would like to position its products ... justified or not justified, competitive or not ... ;-)

it will reliably work even when the products were named apple sl-2, banana 1300, cherrry 5 Mk IV ...

;D ;D ;D

I bought a 5D MK IV and 2 weeks later a SL-2 for $511 or 1/6 the price. The SL-1 is a crop and missing a few bells and whistles, but the images come out just as good as a more expensive camera, that surprised me a little, its been years since I've owned a crop body. Outer AF points are not a issue to me, except that I expect to use the camera mostly in live mode, so I just touch the subject I want to be in focus. That works very well over a reasonable portion of the area, so I don't need a zillion phase detect AF points. Of course, I love the 5D MK IV, but wonder about why the 6X+ difference in price.

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
The EOS M100 already exists...as a 3D metal printer. :D

M100.339144945_std.jpg

Upvote 0