The EOS M10 Replacement Will be the EOS M100

Canon Rumors Guy

Canon EOS 40D
CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
HTML:
It looks like the replacement to the EOS M10 will be called the EOS M100 according to Nokishita.</p>
<p><strong>EOS M100 Information</strong> (Google translated)</p>
<ul>
<li>Three colors will be available, black, white and an unknown color</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Available kits:</strong></p>

<ul>
<li>Body only</li>
<li>EF-M 15-45mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM kit</li>
<li>Double zoom kit confirmed</li>
<li>Other kits will be prepared depending on the country of sale.</li>
</ul>
<p><strong>Face Jacket EH31-FJ:</strong></p>
<ul>
<li>Will be available in 9 colors.</li>
</ul>
<p>Full specifications and images should be leaking any day now ahead of the announcement.</p>
<span id="pty_trigger"></span>
<div style="font-size:0px;height:0px;line-height:0px;margin:0;padding:0;clear:both"></div>

"Naming convention..? What naming convention? We don't do that here." -Canon Corp.

Clearly there has never been a product plan for the EOS M line and this latest rumour of a nonsensical name just fits so believable it isn't even frustrating. (Screaming on the inside because I really want a nice full-frame, Leica SL-like mirrorless from Canon!)

Happy shooting y'alls!

Upvote 0
jolyonralph said:
Actually, the name makes sense, to bring a consistency between this and the other line.

We'll probably see the M6 replacement eventually be the M20, with the M5 being replaced by a M5 mark II

Here's waiting for the full frame EOS M1 (they never did call the M the M1)

I agree JR, and please let it be true and that this is the 2nd step (after the M5) in a reasonably logical (in Canon's numerology) roadmap for the EOS Ms. ::)

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Canon Rumors said:
Full specifications and images should be leaking any day now ahead of the announcement.

turning this back away from naming convention sniveling (even though calling it 100,1000,etc follows rebel conventions as their lower specced camera).

I'm quite curious to see what they do with this M. finding the M5 a little big, and would love to get back to a compact soapbar sized camera - hoping that it will have the M6 guts in it, but expecting canon to "nerf" it to keep the costs down.

Part of me is leaning to DPAF in it, just the way canon talked up DPAF in their financial summaries and the moving of the entire camera line to using DPAF sensors.

find out in a few days I suppose!

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
AE-1Burnham said:
jolyonralph said:
Actually, the name makes sense, to bring a consistency between this and the other line.

We'll probably see the M6 replacement eventually be the M20, with the M5 being replaced by a M5 mark II

I agree JR, and please let it be true and that this is the 2nd step (after the M5) in a reasonably logical (in Canon's numerology) roadmap for the EOS Ms. ::)

2nd step? huh?

Upvote 0
rrcphoto said:
AE-1Burnham said:
jolyonralph said:

2nd step? huh?

Yeah RRC, the M5 being the 1st falling in a typical Canon EOS product line (i.e. EOS 1, [3], 5, 6, 7, X0, etc.) where the number roughly equates to Canon's positioning of the product. This is why some of us expect a true M1 ("pro"-level) at some point.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
AE-1Burnham said:
rrcphoto said:
AE-1Burnham said:
jolyonralph said:

2nd step? huh?

Yeah RRC, the M5 being the 1st falling in a typical Canon EOS product line (i.e. EOS 1, [3], 5, 6, 7, X0, etc.) where the number roughly equates to Canon's positioning of the product. This is why some of us expect a true M1 ("pro"-level) at some point.

and did you forget the M6?

I really doubt you'll see a 1 series M .. lol. canon has alot of pride in that monikor and what it stands for.

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
What is interesting is what the M stands for.

We all assume it stands for 'mirrorless'. But I don't think it does.

I think it stands for 'minature' or 'micro'

Eventually all Canon cameras will be mirrorless, and we'll have the standard range that take EF lenses, and the 'minature' range that take EF-M lenses.

So an M1 wouldn't necessarily imply it was part of the flagship '1' range. It would just signify it's the premium product in the M series.

Upvote 0
rrcphoto said:
AE-1Burnham said:
rrcphoto said:
AE-1Burnham said:
jolyonralph said:

2nd step? huh?

and did you forget the M6?

I really doubt you'll see a 1 series M .. lol. canon has alot of pride in that monikor and what it stands for.

Hah! M6?!? I didn't even know this existed (Wow.) Thanks for that RGF. Well, let's hope the trend continues. ;D

Upvote 0

jolyonralph

Game Boy Camera
CR Pro
Aug 25, 2015
London, UK
www.everyothershot.com
Woody said:
Canon Rumors said:
Three colors will be available, black, white and an unknown color

So, after all that talk about a Malaysian made lens that comes in 3 different colors, reality finally settles down to a a MILC model in 3 different colors.

How disappointing...

Let's think about this a bit more.

The 15-45 lens and the 55-200 are currently available in silver and black only.

So if a white camera is being launched then it means we'll probably need to see white versions of the 15-45 and the 55-200.

Now, if the other unknown colour was red (for example) they'd need to be launching four new colour variants, not three.

What about a white 18-150? Where would the red one be? And I doubt this would be a kit option with the M100 anyway.

So. Could it be silver? Then they would only need two new lenses not three, so that doesn't work either.

Except... there is a silver version of the EF-M 22mm.

So maybe this is the lineup.

EOS M100 in Black, White and Silver

New lenses are EF-M 15-45, EF-M 55-200 and EF-M 22 all in white.

Can anyone come up with a more logical guess?

Upvote 0
Jul 21, 2010
jolyonralph said:
So if a white camera is being launched then it means we'll probably need to see white versions of the 15-45 and the 55-200.

The M, M2, M3 and M10 all launched in white (also, the M launched in red, silver, and subsequently blue, and the M2 also in blue). Why would we 'need' to see white versions of those lenses now?

Maybe we'll see an M22/2 IS in black and silver, along with the M11-22 in silver (leaving the M28 available in only black).

Upvote 0
And there will probably be a EF-M mount full frame in a smaller body, and EF-M full frame speciality lenses, and if you want to use EF lenses, you can and will be needing the adapter. It is a Japanese company. They like to make things small, and they will also love to sell us new lenses. Sony can pull it off with the E mount (18mm flange distance), so can Canon.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
Woody said:
Canon Rumors said:
Three colors will be available, black, white and an unknown color

So, after all that talk about a Malaysian made lens that comes in 3 different colors, reality finally settles down to a a MILC model in 3 different colors.

How disappointing...

How disappointing is it that you couldn't look at the rumor and realize there was different SKUs for the mirrorless camera and the lenses.

Upvote 0
Jun 20, 2013
neuroanatomist said:
jolyonralph said:

The M, M2, M3 and M10 all launched in white (also, the M launched in red, silver, and subsequently blue, and the M2 also in blue). Why would we 'need' to see white versions of those lenses now?

Maybe we'll see an M22/2 IS in black and silver, along with the M11-22 in silver (leaving the M28 available in only black).

Probably. Or some color sequence. Maybe they are rolling out pink.

The M had a cray amount of color. Black, white, bay blue, two tones of red, and I'm sure I am forgetting some.

Upvote 0