First RAW off camera: DPP or iPhoto with update...which to use? 5D3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 25, 2011
The user has more affect on the editing of raw than the software. iphoto is going to be more user friendly than DPP, but also limited.

For the long run, I'd get Aperture or Lightroom, DXO is also good, and there are others equally good. The advantage of raw is in the wide range of editing tools available, so after spending that much on a camera, get a good editing tool. Aperture should be great for a Mac user.

Upvote 0

cayenne

CR Pro
Mar 28, 2012
Mt Spokane Photography said:
The user has more affect on the editing of raw than the software. iphoto is going to be more user friendly than DPP, but also limited.

For the long run, I'd get Aperture or Lightroom, DXO is also good, and there are others equally good. The advantage of raw is in the wide range of editing tools available, so after spending that much on a camera, get a good editing tool. Aperture should be great for a Mac user.

Thank you for the advice.
I"m planning to get Apeture (and FCPX for that matter too), but was just wanting to work with what I had before I made those purchases. Just paid last months bills....with the new camera, so waiting a short bit before buying more tools.

:)

Thank you!

C

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.