CR Pro
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
www.canonrumors.com
Last edited by a moderator:

ahsanford

Particular Member
Aug 16, 2012
He wrote on the Dpreview forum that he started some measurements. He said he got the exactly same read noise as the 1DXmarkIII

This is going to be such a nice bump in dynamic range over my 5D3 -- can't wait to see how it comes out, but this is a rough idea of what we'll find:

1595514762935.png

- A

Reactions: 1 user
Upvote 0

Keith_Reeder

I really don't mind offending trolls.
Feb 8, 2014
Blyth, NE England
S/O to everyone saying that you couldn't blur backgrounds at f/11...
Did anyone actually say that?

It's a fact that a blurred background requires more separation at f/11 than say, f/2.8, but it's also a fact that if you can get the separation, you'll get blur.

Reactions: 4 users
Upvote 0

Colorado

Canon R5
Dec 16, 2013
For those that don't read the fred miranda forums as soon as these images were posted they decided most of them were crap. Not because of the hardware--though they weren't big fans of the 600/800mm lenses--but because they thought there were tons of photographer errors. To the point that they wondered if Canon specifically hired people to take the worst photos possible for samples.

Just curious what the CR crowd evaluation is.

Upvote 0

koenkooi

CR Pro
Feb 25, 2015
The Netherlands
For those that don't read the fred miranda forums as soon as these images were posted they decided most of them were crap. Not because of the hardware--though they weren't big fans of the 600/800mm lenses--but because they thought there were tons of photographer errors. To the point that they wondered if Canon specifically hired people to take the worst photos possible for samples.

Just curious what the CR crowd evaluation is.

Canon is quite (in)famous for having the most crappy sample pictures, so it isn't really surprising that people would say it about these as well.

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0

Sharlin

CR Pro
Dec 26, 2015
Turku, Finland
Did anyone actually say that?

It's a fact that a blurred background requires more separation at f/11 than say, f/2.8, but it's also a fact that if you can get the separation, you'll get blur.

I think the point was that some people may have underestimated how much the focal length matters. At 600mm or 800mm you're going to get blurred backgrounds no matter what. A 800mm f/2.8 would be a sight to behold, btw ;)

Reactions: 5 users
Upvote 0

StevenA

CR Pro
Jul 8, 2020
REALLY excited for these bodies and lenses. I went with the R5 kit with the 24-105 and the 100-500 on release day. Just ordered the 15-35 yesterday. I sold my 5dmiv a couple days ago and didn't even weep putting it in the mail. Although I am completely camera-less at the moment and only have the EF 16-35 iii to look at and hold, but it's up for sale also.

I'm all in on the new system and I couldn't be happier, and I don't think I will be disappointed either. :D

Those samples of the 100-500 are so sweet. Too bad that lens isn't slated for release until the end of September. :(

Reactions: 1 users
Upvote 0