G12 & SX20 Replacements & More

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Justin

Re: G12 & SX20 Replacements & More

I still think the 1Ds4 comes in a week and has 32 mpx. 24-70 get's launched with it. 1Ds4 available December. 24-70 avail November. The 50 mpx sensors are for cameras of the future. 1Ds5 and such, which no one has pointed out, could co-exist with a 1Ds4.

earthrise said:
Jan said:
bvukich said:
Stone said:
I speculate a 24MP FF sensor strapped to a 7D-like body, keeping the 7D's 19 point AF. Extra kudos to Canon if it shoots @ 8fps....

3D perhaps?

24MP FF, 7D AF, 7D size body, no video. 8fps is asking a bit much though.

I still think there will be the 2000D although another rumor said there will be none. But Canon as no up-to-date-model in the low price segment. The Nikon D3100 specs the 450D out and is even cheaper.

Maybe they are keeping that segment open for an EVIL camera?

Still reckon the 1Ds IV will come out with Photokina, maybe with their 50MP FF sensor and Digic 4 so low FPS and maybe no video. 5D III this time next with Digic V, better FPS and the video.

Upvote 0
E

earthrise

Yup, 32 is much much more likely, but still even 50 is just the pixel size of the 7D ;D . Might take them a while to sort out the DR and noise though!

Justin said:
I still think the 1Ds4 comes in a week and has 32 mpx. 24-70 get's launched with it. 1Ds4 available December. 24-70 avail November. The 50 mpx sensors are for cameras of the future. 1Ds5 and such, which no one has pointed out, could co-exist with a 1Ds4.

earthrise said:
Jan said:
bvukich said:
Stone said:
I speculate a 24MP FF sensor strapped to a 7D-like body, keeping the 7D's 19 point AF. Extra kudos to Canon if it shoots @ 8fps....

3D perhaps?

24MP FF, 7D AF, 7D size body, no video. 8fps is asking a bit much though.

I still think there will be the 2000D although another rumor said there will be none. But Canon as no up-to-date-model in the low price segment. The Nikon D3100 specs the 450D out and is even cheaper.

Maybe they are keeping that segment open for an EVIL camera?

Still reckon the 1Ds IV will come out with Photokina, maybe with their 50MP FF sensor and Digic 4 so low FPS and maybe no video. 5D III this time next with Digic V, better FPS and the video.

Upvote 0

Grummbeerbauer said:
... me being a selfish 7D user would prefer Canon's take on the Nikon's DX-only 35 1.8, i.e., some 3Xmm f1.X with USM and at a reasonable price.

As much as I'd like to see an EF-S 22 f1.8 and an EF-S 30 f1.8, it ain't gonna happen. Canon wants to sell L lenses to Rebel owners.

"... Users looking to a camera like the EOS 60D or 7D often put a priority on reasonable weight and good handling, and this applies to their lenses as well as their cameras ...

... The new EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM is perfect for the user who’s looking to step ..." http://www.usa.canon.com/dlc/controller?act=GetArticleAct&articleID=3512 Doesn't look like something a 7D owner would want, but I'm sure the will sell well to owners of Rebel 2Ti and Rebel 60D.

Upvote 0
B

backshot_especiale

More cores are only good if your software is properly multi-threaded (and not just for filters), if it's a 12 core machine with lower clock speed it will be slower than a four core machine with higher clock speed. (if they are the same processor architecture and version).

Justin said:
Srsly. I can haz 12-core mac?

Canon 14-24 said:
have fun photo editing 32mp raw files!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.